The Student Room Group

Top places to solo travel?

So, I've finished uni and, having worked every summer and some other holidays, I have saved up a decent amount to go travelling. My friends sadly haven't done the same, so I've decided that I want to do a bit of European solo travel - mainly weekend or 3-day breaks so I don't have to take much time (or time at all) off of work.

So . . . any recommendations?

I'm open to anything that is feasible in 3 days, travelling from London or the North West.
Really, anywhere in Europe is doable in 3 days. The easiest would be somewhere like France or the Netherlands, the cheapest would be places in post-Soviet Europe (places like Poland and the Baltics in particular). Scandinavia tends to be very expensive. Spain is extremely hot at the moment but I suppose if you have AC it's fine. Italy is good too, as are the Balkan countries. I guess it really depends what kind of experience you want.
Original post by lostlionani
Really, anywhere in Europe is doable in 3 days. The easiest would be somewhere like France or the Netherlands, the cheapest would be places in post-Soviet Europe (places like Poland and the Baltics in particular). Scandinavia tends to be very expensive. Spain is extremely hot at the moment but I suppose if you have AC it's fine. Italy is good too, as are the Balkan countries. I guess it really depends what kind of experience you want.

I think I'd like city exploration with plenty of museum visits. So that doesn't really close any doors. Thanks you! :smile:
Original post by Edminzodo
I think I'd like city exploration with plenty of museum visits. So that doesn't really close any doors. Thanks you! :smile:

In that case capital cities and cultural capitals would be good. Maybe Berlin or Athens? Whatever you choose, have fun travelling!
Original post by Edminzodo
So, I've finished uni and, having worked every summer and some other holidays, I have saved up a decent amount to go travelling. My friends sadly haven't done the same, so I've decided that I want to do a bit of European solo travel - mainly weekend or 3-day breaks so I don't have to take much time (or time at all) off of work.

So . . . any recommendations?

I'm open to anything that is feasible in 3 days, travelling from London or the North West.

Lucky really... London a good start point I find. I travelling from north England so I have limited flights :lol:

Yeah I think someone else recommended capitals. I'm off to Vienna myself next month with my sister. Berlin, Paris, Florence/Rome, Amsterdam etc...
Berlin, Vienna and Athens all good for history (whether that be old greek history, art or world wars). But yeah take flight and general costs of food and etc into account.

Quick Reply

Latest