Top places to solo travel? Watch

Edminzodo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So, I've finished uni and, having worked every summer and some other holidays, I have saved up a decent amount to go travelling. My friends sadly haven't done the same, so I've decided that I want to do a bit of European solo travel - mainly weekend or 3-day breaks so I don't have to take much time (or time at all) off of work.

So . . . any recommendations?

I'm open to anything that is feasible in 3 days, travelling from London or the North West.
lostlionani
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Really, anywhere in Europe is doable in 3 days. The easiest would be somewhere like France or the Netherlands, the cheapest would be places in post-Soviet Europe (places like Poland and the Baltics in particular). Scandinavia tends to be very expensive. Spain is extremely hot at the moment but I suppose if you have AC it's fine. Italy is good too, as are the Balkan countries. I guess it really depends what kind of experience you want.
Edminzodo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lostlionani)
Really, anywhere in Europe is doable in 3 days. The easiest would be somewhere like France or the Netherlands, the cheapest would be places in post-Soviet Europe (places like Poland and the Baltics in particular). Scandinavia tends to be very expensive. Spain is extremely hot at the moment but I suppose if you have AC it's fine. Italy is good too, as are the Balkan countries. I guess it really depends what kind of experience you want.
I think I'd like city exploration with plenty of museum visits. So that doesn't really close any doors. Thanks you!
lostlionani
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Edminzodo)
I think I'd like city exploration with plenty of museum visits. So that doesn't really close any doors. Thanks you!
In that case capital cities and cultural capitals would be good. Maybe Berlin or Athens? Whatever you choose, have fun travelling!
mirrightf
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
For solo travelling, I prefer countries that speak your native language are easier to get around, but might offer less of an adventure. Think about what you want on a vacation; city, beach, party scene, lots of history, relaxing, etc. Also see where you can get a cheap flight
Last edited by mirrightf; 3 weeks ago
CuriousShinigami
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Edminzodo)
So, I've finished uni and, having worked every summer and some other holidays, I have saved up a decent amount to go travelling. My friends sadly haven't done the same, so I've decided that I want to do a bit of European solo travel - mainly weekend or 3-day breaks so I don't have to take much time (or time at all) off of work.

So . . . any recommendations?

I'm open to anything that is feasible in 3 days, travelling from London or the North West.
Lucky really... London a good start point I find. I travelling from north England so I have limited flights :lol:

Yeah I think someone else recommended capitals. I'm off to Vienna myself next month with my sister. Berlin, Paris, Florence/Rome, Amsterdam etc...
Berlin, Vienna and Athens all good for history (whether that be old greek history, art or world wars). But yeah take flight and general costs of food and etc into account.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.54%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.44%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.79%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (180)
40.27%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.7%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise