Is it true that anxiety stays with you?

Watch
joe goldberg
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I was diagnosed with anxiety in 2012 and it was really intense bout of anxiety where I was really scared of what future held for me and even started crying out of nowhere and feeling apprehensive every now and then but then it went away once my school started again and started meeting my friends again but 7 years later I still feel anxious sometimes and tend to overthink things. Someone told me that it never goes and you have to cope up with it
Wallflower.
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
With most mental illnesses/disorders, theres no ‘cure’ persay, more, ways to help you deal with it, cope, move past it and put it behind you. But the same with trauma, it never truly leaves you, which could be seen as a good thing- its a sign of your strength.
SAPPHIRE368
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I think coping with anxiety is more about knowing what triggers it and avoiding / learning to cope with those situations and circumstances . It never really goes away yk , u just understand how to live with it .
Last edited by SAPPHIRE368; 8 months ago
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Anxiety is normal, and everyone has it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (105)
61.4%
No (35)
20.47%
Not sure (31)
18.13%

Watched Threads