Adult Health & Social care courses confusion! Watch

Badges: 4
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello all,
I am wanting to study an online Adult health & social care course but very confused as to which one to study. The courses that employers are looking for is either a Level 2 or Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care. The open university does a course in this but it requires you to be working in a healthcare role for you to study the course as you have to be assessed.

I have seen this course online:
but I don't think it is a diploma, is that an issue? Would it be recognised if I went to an employer?

Eventually I would like to run my own care company. I know that you have to be at least 21 before you can be a registered manager. Also if you are a registered manager I am sure that you have to have obtained a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Services
(Adults’ Management) Wales and Northern Ireland, again to get qualified you have to work in a care environment, It doesn't seem clear as to what you do if you want to be self employed and start your own business.

I would be grateful if someone could take a look at the above course and see if it would be recognised.
Many Thanks!

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
new posts

All the exam results help you need


people online now


students helped last year
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.


Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (87)
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (183)
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
No particular grades needed (28)

Watched Threads

View All