Domchannie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

If I have already gotten a student loan for my undergraduate psychology studies and later on my master degree studies - which ended this June as well, can I get another loan for my PGDE which starts in Septemeber? When I checked online it says that yes but when I was trying to apply online on my student finance account they said I have already gotten all possible loans? I need to know because before they told me I can as teacher training does not count but now it seems it does not work on student finance website?
Last edited by Domchannie; 1 month ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you applying for the right year?

If your masters loan includes funding into the 2019/20 academic year then student finance won’t allow you to get a PGDE loan in 2019/20 too.
Domchannie
Rep:
?
Actually my master degree (full-time Septemebr - September) ended now. I have already gotten all my parts of student loan. I applied for the year of 2018/2019
(Original post by PQ)
Are you applying for the right year?

If your masters loan includes funding into the 2019/20 academic year then student finance won’t allow you to get a PGDE loan in 2019/20 too.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Domchannie)
Actually my master degree (full-time Septemebr - September) ended now. I have already gotten all my parts of student loan. I applied for the year of 2018/2019
If your PGDE is starting in September then you need to apply for funding for 2019/20.
Domchannie
Rep:
?
Yes I know I was trying to do so but I cannot on my student finance website cuz it says I got all possible ones foe full time but I heard you can take another one for pgce cuz it doesnt count?
(Original post by PQ)
If your PGDE is starting in September then you need to apply for funding for 2019/20.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Domchannie)
Yes I know I was trying to do so but I cannot on my student finance website cuz it says I got all possible ones foe full time but I heard you can take another one for pgce cuz it doesnt count?
That's right. You should be able to apply for 2019/20 undergraduate funding for a PGDE, but the online application system can be a bit buggy. Are you student finance england, scotland, wales or NI?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate