Why does my friend want to do lots of things but in reality does absolutely nothing? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi all.
I have a friend who I've known for about a year. She's in her 20's and is always saying what she's going to do, they are realistic things, holiday destinations, learning to drive, classes she wants to attend, that kind of thing, and at the start of our friendship I thought she was an outgoing person but as time has gone on, I've realised she does absolutely nothing, like it's all just a dream in her head. I have offered to go and do some stuff with her so she has the opportunity but nothing ever happens. I've tried to ask her about this and there's always an excuse (Oh I need to see if this happens before I can plan it etc) but I'm really thinking there must be a problem somewhere because as far as I know she's never even ever been on holiday. Anyone ever known anyone like this? Any thoughts? Is it just a type of unusual personality?
nabilahhh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This is me omg lool
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Lol ok and can I ask why do you think you are like it?
(Original post by nabilahhh)
This is me omg lool
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi all.
I have a friend who I've known for about a year. She's in her 20's and is always saying what she's going to do, they are realistic things, holiday destinations, learning to drive, classes she wants to attend, that kind of thing, and at the start of our friendship I thought she was an outgoing person but as time has gone on, I've realised she does absolutely nothing, like it's all just a dream in her head. I have offered to go and do some stuff with her so she has the opportunity but nothing ever happens. I've tried to ask her about this and there's always an excuse (Oh I need to see if this happens before I can plan it etc) but I'm really thinking there must be a problem somewhere because as far as I know she's never even ever been on holiday. Anyone ever known anyone like this? Any thoughts? Is it just a type of unusual personality?
A lot of people have a list of things they want to do in their heads but never get around to doing any of them for one reason or another. It could be that she can't afford to go on holidays or take driving lessons; she may have anxiety related to following through with things; she might have changed her mind about what she wants to do... these are all appropriate reasons for not doing something.

When you say that she does 'absolutely nothing', what do you mean? Does she just sit at home all day? Does she have any hobbies?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
She might be short of money or have health issues she prefers to keep private.
Or she may just be a habitually lazy person who imagines that she wants do things but there is never a right time.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Perfectly normal. Everyone has dreams that for one reason or another they are not ready to realise right now.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.48%
Excited (156)
9.1%
Worried (306)
17.84%
Terrified (381)
22.22%
Meh (170)
9.91%
Confused (37)
2.16%
Putting on a brave face (237)
13.82%
Impatient (214)
12.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise