Frequent ghosting on online dating? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Does anybody else get frequently ghosted on sites like Tinder and Hinge? A guy on one asked me out, gave me his number, we planned a date time and place. 2 days before the date, he randomly stopped replying. I didn't send loads of messages or say anything weird. I text to ask if the date was still on and no reply, but he was posting on Instagram etc. so still alive. Another guy has expressed interest in meeting; told me he is free all week, I suggested Tuesday and again, just stopped replying. I have no idea what I am doing wrong but cannot think of anything. It takes a second to write "sorry, not feeling it anymore". There is no way of preventing tthis either. I feel like online dating is a bit like a sweet shop; people have so much choice and if they find a slight flaw with somebody then there are 10 others to pick from. Anyone else have these experiences?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Does anybody else get frequently ghosted on sites like Tinder and Hinge? A guy on one asked me out, gave me his number, we planned a date time and place. 2 days before the date, he randomly stopped replying. I didn't send loads of messages or say anything weird. I text to ask if the date was still on and no reply, but he was posting on Instagram etc. so still alive. Another guy has expressed interest in meeting; told me he is free all week, I suggested Tuesday and again, just stopped replying. I have no idea what I am doing wrong but cannot think of anything. It takes a second to write "sorry, not feeling it anymore". There is no way of preventing tthis either. I feel like online dating is a bit like a sweet shop; people have so much choice and if they find a slight flaw with somebody then there are 10 others to pick from. Anyone else have these experiences?
You are a girl? That's unusual. It's usually guys who get ghosted for online dating.

I do understand a lot of men get anxiety when they are about to meet up though.
Anonymous #1
Yeah.. I can understand if the conversation had become dull etc. but these guys have literally asked me out, we've talked about days etc. and then randomly stopped replying. It is annoying because I could have made other plans. I suppose it's part and parcel of the dating scene. It's disheartening but I feel like there is nothing you can do about it.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah.. I can understand if the conversation had become dull etc. but these guys have literally asked me out, we've talked about days etc. and then randomly stopped replying. It is annoying because I could have made other plans. I suppose it's part and parcel of the dating scene. It's disheartening but I feel like there is nothing you can do about it.
Exactly, at least you are not going to be running out of choices as a girl!

Good luck.
Shish_bish
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don’t take it personal, I am a girl and I only ghost people due to my depression. I don’t even ghost I might get the app now like at 7pm after work and delete in the morning for reasons that I can’t explain either(I swear it happens a lot). Due to this if someone ghosts me(rarely only one did) I don’t take it seriously especially if I know am fine, I just assume they dealing with real life situations (I usually go for 20 so I expect them to have a lot on their plate) eg being broke. I for one can’t bring myself to date when broke because it costs money picking outfits and places to go and time investment (am a home body lazy ass introvert) if you actually looking for a relationship hence end up ghosting coz I know am just 20 and still got time to meet a soulmate so investing isn’t worth it

I know it sucks when when they flake on a meet up and just follow it up with a ghost. Just leave it that, when you get older, it hurts less because you kinda get used and easily move on
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Shish_bish; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Thanks for the replies, I will try to not take it personally yes. I really did not expect online to be this hard. I just feel like there is too much competition; they will always find someone better looking, more interesting msg etc.. I always try to make an effort with my messages, at the same time I think it should be natural and you shouldn't have to try too hard.
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Take on TSR dating instead, you'll get thirsty replies instantly 100% of the time.

In seriousness though, just try not to get attached to people until you know them a bit more. You being a girl will not run out of choices as said above, it's us lads which have the harder life lol.
Shish_bish
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks for the replies, I will try to not take it personally yes. I really did not expect online to be this hard. I just feel like there is too much competition; they will always find someone better looking, more interesting msg etc.. I always try to make an effort with my messages, at the same time I think it should be natural and you shouldn't have to try too hard.
Just don’t do dating apps, they suck and kinda bring you down making you question yourself.
If you can try meeting people irl, do that because I noticed that someone who would never reject you irl is more likely to reject you on dating apps because it’s more about how good your profile is, being good and fun even via texting etc and some people will come off as interesting via texts but totally different irl.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Tinder is a site for those who want casual relationships/sex
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.51%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.4%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.75%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.4%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.69%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise