Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Being gay is not a personality
I have a friend who makes his whole life revolve around being gay
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I see both. You have gay in a homosexual way. This isn't personality. It's sexuality.

Then there's gay in a camp way. It's how people act, their mannerisms, personality etc.... These people do make their life revolve around being homosexual

A person doesn't have to be both. They can be one without the other
Alesha1991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by J0n3zviper)
Yet to meet a gay person who isn't camp and doesn't try to remind you every 5 minutes that they are gay. And if you dare show a lack of interest in their sex life that they insist upon telling you about as it is "their right" to broadcast it, you are a homophobic bigot.
I'm guessing you haven't met many gay people then. On the other hand, maybe you have & you just didn't realise they were gay because they didn't conform to the stereotype of what you expect a gay person to be like.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yet to meet a gay person who isn't camp and doesn't try to remind you every 5 minutes that they are gay. And if you dare show a lack of interest in their sex life that they insist upon telling you about as it is "their right" to broadcast it, you are a homophobic bigot.
How often do ye get out of ye mam's cellar?
Meowstic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yet to meet a gay person who isn't camp and doesn't try to remind you every 5 minutes that they are gay.
how would you know if you did
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Lots of gay people arent camp, you think you havent met one but you will have done they just dont tell you and you wouldnt know they are gay. It's like people who think they have never met a trans person because they dont think trans people can ever 'pass' as their gender.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
There's a gay guy who works in a hairdressers near me. Camp AF

One day whilst he was standing outside the shop another guy walked past and the gay guy yelled out "alright Homo..!"

It was pretty funny. I could tell the other guy was straight and that they probably knew each other.

That being said, there are gay dude's out there who don't conform to the stereotype and you wouldn't know they was gay unless they announced it or hit on you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
24.62%
No, but I have thought about it (54)
27.69%
No (93)
47.69%

Watched Threads