Can’t get visible abs Watch

Redchip26
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am an underweight woman and I do a lot of ab exercises but I can’t seem to get visible abs. I feel like I’ve built my ab muscles but I can’t get much definition, even though I’m pretty sure I have quite a low body fat percentage
TheOneOddIn
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Redchip26)
I am an underweight woman and I do a lot of ab exercises but I can’t seem to get visible abs. I feel like I’ve built my ab muscles but I can’t get much definition, even though I’m pretty sure I have quite a low body fat percentage
Muscles usually start to look defined when there is a low amount of fat covering that muscle. Just strengthening your muscles won't necessarily mean they're gonna show. Men have it a bit harder. They need to cut down to about 6-9% body fat for abs to show, while women need about 16-19% body fat. You may just think you have a low body fat percentage, when in reality it could be higher. The easiest way to lose the fat is to incorporate some sort of cardio with a good diet. The idea of calories in over calories out. So if you want to lose fat, you have to use more calories than you eat. This is very hard to do, and by no means do i say starve yourself. You should gradually just continue exercising, both cardio and strength training (whole body), and also count how many calories you are consuming in comparison to how much you're exercising. It's all to do with dedication and how much work you're willing to put into it.

Abs are very hard to constantly have them on show. In any case, don't worry too much about them, just work out, eat right and you'll be healthy, abs are overrated anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.63%
No (267)
33.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed