The Student Room Group

Post grad in adult nursing in the uk

I’m a nurse in Ireland qualified as an RNID or learning disability nurse two years ago. Looking to obtain a post grad in general or adult nursing as Ireland doesn’t support qualified nurses to do a post grad in general nursing. Looking for information from anyone that’s done it or knows someone who could point me in the right direction.
If anyone could help me that would be great.
Thanks
Kelly x
Original post by Kellybrady8
I’m a nurse in Ireland qualified as an RNID or learning disability nurse two years ago. Looking to obtain a post grad in general or adult nursing as Ireland doesn’t support qualified nurses to do a post grad in general nursing. Looking for information from anyone that’s done it or knows someone who could point me in the right direction.
If anyone could help me that would be great.
Thanks
Kelly x

Hi Kelly,

Are you talking about a conversion course to allow you to practice adult nursing? If so, these are unfortunately few and far between with fewer universities offering them each year. What few spaces there are are generally extremely competitive.

Being a qualified LD nurse shouldn't necessarily stop you taking up an adult nursing post if you can demonstrate that you are committed to that branch of nursing and are keen to learn.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending