The Student Room Group

Haven’t cried in 3 years.

This is honestly a stupid thread but my friends always talk about how they can’t go on a week without crying. I haven’t cried in 3 years. Is this normal? I’m 17.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I tend not to let things bother me. I just grew up in a family where mental health is dismissed so I don’t really know where my head is at anymore. If I have a problem, I’ll try to resolve it. If I can’t then idk just ignore and move on, if I can. Kinda hard to explain.
i’ve run out of tears so it will be the same for me soon. i cry but no tears now
Donald Trump is the president of the US. Did that make you cry?
Reply 4
Crying on a regular basis is a very modern way of behaving. My parents rarely cried and neither did me or my siblings. I am more of a crier now but the others are still pretty stoic.
Original post by Anonymous
This is honestly a stupid thread but my friends always talk about how they can’t go on a week without crying. I haven’t cried in 3 years. Is this normal? I’m 17.
Reply 5
I think it's normal.,meaning you grow up., or you don't have much to cry for
By the way,are you boy or girl?
Reply 6
Original post by rjckk
I think it's normal.,meaning you grow up., or you don't have much to cry for
By the way,are you boy or girl?

A girl
Reply 7
Original post by Scotney
Crying on a regular basis is a very modern way of behaving. My parents rarely cried and neither did me or my siblings. I am more of a crier now but the others are still pretty stoic.

My parents rarely cry. My siblings are still young and cry over petty things such as “he ate my chocolate” lol. Idk tbh maybe I’m just not used to seeing anyone cry so I don’t.
Reply 8
Exactly we are all a product of our enviroment. I can honestly say I cried twice from the age of 8 to19. Just was not the done thing in our house. I wouldn't worry about it unless it is bothering you.
UhMy parents rarely cry. My siblings are still young and cry over petty things such as “he ate my chocolate” lol. Idk tbh maybe I’m just not used to seeing anyone cry so I don’t.

i haven't cried since i was 12 and i'm in my mid twenties now
Reply 10
I hardly cry at all, it seems strange to cry so much.

Recently though I've tried to cry on demand but all I get is watery eyes.
Original post by Bio 7
I hardly cry at all, it seems strange to cry so much.

Recently though I've tried to cry on demand but all I get is watery eyes.

same. got watery eyes from watching old clips of how john lennon's murder was announced in the states, and cried of laughter during most of The Inbetweeners but that's it!
I probably have a good cry once a year after things get too much for me
Reply 13
I actually can't remember the last time I cried, it's been that long. I'm dead inside :u:
Reply 14
I guess you are a? brave girl
A girl
Original post by Scotney

I think you're either a crier or you're not. My mum is always bloody crying :rofl: she gets emotional over films, she cries when she's frustrated at small things, just literally everything. I on the other hand haven't cried in years. I've never seen my dad cry either.
As someone that cries at literally everything (movies, songs, commercials) I'm so surprised. But, I always knew I was a lil unstable.
Original post by Scotney

You really think so? Interesting. I suppose it is partly because we have lost some of our emotional resilience, that bit I can agree on.
I remember when I was 16 I cried for too easily. The tears were often of joy, misery, excitement, anticipation and whatever other emotion I felt . It relieved me and I always felt a little better afterwards. Last year I tried the 'resilient' approach and denied myself the right to bawl my eyes out like a child, the results were disastrous.So in my experience, it is important to allow yourself the freedom to express your emotions sincerely. Cry if you want, and don't if you cannot. x We all handle our emotions differently. Have you always not been a fan of a good old cry? If so, this is totally normal.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest