Ckk11
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
So I don’t know if I should stay at my current school or move to a new one for sixth form. Both schools are good. However the new one does 4 options and you can do a EPQ whereas my current school only does 3 options but I have been there for 5 years. The new school is 10 mins further than my current school. The new school would probably have more pressure but hopefully more opportunities. My current school is really close to where I live and my younger siblings go there too

I don’t know what to do because I don’t wanna go to the new school and have regrets but I don’t know weather to stay at my school or not
The schools are oaks park and Beal
lilTrain
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
u dont really need a 4th option provided at the new school, unless EPQ counts as a 4th subject? (i thought it was just extra). are you sure your school doesnt offer EPQ? if it does, id say its better to stay at ur school, plus u know everyone there, teachers, friends, siblings, should be easier to get help and study from
Ckk11
Rep:
?
(Original post by lilTrain)
u dont really need a 4th option provided at the new school, unless EPQ counts as a 4th subject? (i thought it was just extra). are you sure your school doesnt offer EPQ? if it does, id say its better to stay at ur school, plus u know everyone there, teachers, friends, siblings, should be easier to get help and study from
The EPQ is a extra and I haven’t heard of a EPQ at my school, so you think I should stay?
Btw thanks for the reply
username3434964
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Ckk11)
The EPQ is a extra and I haven’t heard of a EPQ at my school, so you think I should stay?
Btw thanks for the reply
Assuming both sixth forms offer the subjects you want to take, and allow you to take them within timetabling restrictions, then choose whichever you prefer.

Remember there is no advantage to doing 4 alevels though
Ckk11
Rep:
?
Thanks
(Original post by Bill Nye)
Assuming both sixth forms offer the subjects you want to take, and allow you to take them within timetabling restrictions, then choose whichever you prefer.

lilTrain
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
also i just checked oaks park's website for the courses they do, extended project (EPQ) is there, they should do it
jbrdodd
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Doing 4 A Levels is just pointless and essentially just added pressure to what you already have
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Bill Nye)

don’t they count for more ucas points though?
jbrdodd
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by mez_merising)
don’t they count for more ucas points though?
It will more than likely pull down your other grades as you'll have added pressure from another A Level, so yes but no
Sportse123456
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Go to which one has the better courses on offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
60.95%
No (66)
39.05%

Watched Threads