The Student Room Group

New application for Clearing?

So basically I have a conditional offer(1st year) at a good uni but i'm afraid i won't be able to satisfy their condition (ielts missed half point). Still a week and a half to wait for result tho.

My question is, I already firmed this uni in Ucas. I have no insurance uni. Can I go back to Ucas and apply for clearing for foundation year instead of 1st year? I met their ielts requirement for Foundation year. If I take foundation year and passed, will they still require ielts to move to 1st year?

Tia <3
Original post by a0f83w
So basically I have a conditional offer(1st year) at a good uni but i'm afraid i won't be able to satisfy their condition (ielts missed half point). Still a week and a half to wait for result tho.

My question is, I already firmed this uni in Ucas. I have no insurance uni. Can I go back to Ucas and apply for clearing for foundation year instead of 1st year? I met their ielts requirement for Foundation year. If I take foundation year and passed, will they still require ielts to move to 1st year?

Tia <3

You can't apply to unis in Clearing until you have been officially rejected by your Firm choice uni. What you could do is phone their Admissions and request that if they do decide to reject you for the main degree, they consider you for the Foundation year instead (check with them directly that passing the foundation year would get you automatic access onto Year 1 of the degree course).

You don't need to contact UCAS at this stage - it's the uni Admissions you should be talking to.
Reply 2
Omg, thank you for this info! <3
Original post by a0f83w
Omg, thank you for this info! <3

Haha, you're welcome :smile:
Hiya :smile:

Why do you feel like you need to do a foundation year? What course is this for? :heart:
Original post by a0f83w

Tia <3
Reply 5
Actually based on their assessment I could go straight to First Year, the only problem is I think
I won't be able to meet their IELTs requirement. I missed half a point in one of the modules. I resat the IELTS and i think I did worse than the first time so I am thinking, maybe I just take Foundation specially if this means I can automatically get accepted to
First Year next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending