The Student Room Group

Would this scare a potential partner off?

Say you had known them about 5 weeks, been talking every day, had about 7 dates during which you'd spent hours together each time, and you had been intimate together. So I felt pretty good with this guy, we seemed into each other and I was really enjoying dating. The last time I saw him he told me I "made him nervous" and didn't know why. The next day I text him saying "I don't want you to feel nervous, I like you a lot." This comment sent him running for the hills. I didn't say "I love you" or anything about being together just "I really like you." I feel silly now. I thought it was mutual, did I come across too strong? Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Say you had known them about 5 weeks, been talking every day, had about 7 dates during which you'd spent hours together each time, and you had been intimate together. So I felt pretty good with this guy, we seemed into each other and I was really enjoying dating. The last time I saw him he told me I "made him nervous" and didn't know why. The next day I text him saying "I don't want you to feel nervous, I like you a lot." This comment sent him running for the hills. I didn't say "I love you" or anything about being together just "I really like you." I feel silly now. I thought it was mutual, did I come across too strong? Thanks

Nah, he’s probably just a bit shy
Original post by Anonymous

No, you didn't do anything wrong at all. If this was enough to put him off, I'm very sorry to say that I don't think he was being honest with you and now feels bad that he lead you on. I hope this isn't the case and he contacts you soon
You're definitely not in the wrong. :fluffy:
No. Sounds pretty much a perfect reply.
Maybe message a last time trying to arrange a date to talk things out but maybe he's become too nervous about the situation.
Reply 6
It shouldn't do ... but not everyone is as confident as you seem to be in your feelings. Maybe try to talk it through and step back a little so as to not be overwhelming.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending