ucas switch replies deadline Watch

rmxrmx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i have already started the ball rolling but if the second university doesn't call up UCAS until tomorrow, is that ok?

Is the deadline INCLUDING the 23rd July?

Also how long do you will predict it will take my current university to call up UCAS and tell them to release me to my other choice?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by rmxrmx)
i have already started the ball rolling but if the second university doesn't call up UCAS until tomorrow, is that ok?

Is the deadline INCLUDING the 23rd July?

Also how long do you will predict it will take my current university to call up UCAS and tell them to release me to my other choice?
The university has to EMAIL UCAS and UCAS have to process the swap by the deadline. If they are waiting until tomorrow then there's a high chance it wont be sorted in time.

Reply swaps are not releases - when you talk to universities AVOID the words "reject", "release", "decline" and "withdraw" - those have specific meanings in UCAS and you might get what you ask for instead of what you want. You need to just explain what you want the end point to be: I want x as my firm and Y as my insurance. Ask for the name and job title of anyone you speak to and ask them to confirm any promises in writing.
rmxrmx
Rep:
?
does it have to be an email? not a phone call?
(Original post by PQ)
The university has to EMAIL UCAS and UCAS have to process the swap by the deadline. If they are waiting until tomorrow then there's a high chance it wont be sorted in time.

Reply swaps are not releases - when you talk to universities AVOID the words "reject", "release", "decline" and "withdraw" - those have specific meanings in UCAS and you might get what you ask for instead of what you want. You need to just explain what you want the end point to be: I want x as my firm and Y as my insurance. Ask for the name and job title of anyone you speak to and ask them to confirm any promises in writing.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
does it have to be an email? not a phone call?
For the university to notify UCAS of their agreement to a swap - YES, UCAS need that approval in writing from all universities concerned. UCAS only accept verbal consent from applicants.

Applicants need to contact UCAS and their universities by phone to get the quickest response.
rmxrmx
Rep:
?
Thank u. I will get on that now. If they send an email, when will UCAS see it by. Will I be able to call up UCAS and say please check your emails? or not...
(Original post by PQ)
For the university to notify UCAS of their agreement to a swap - YES, UCAS need that approval in writing from all universities concerned. UCAS only accept verbal consent from applicants.

Applicants need to contact UCAS and their universities by phone to get the quickest response.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank u. I will get on that now. If they send an email, when will UCAS see it by. Will I be able to call up UCAS and say please check your emails? or not...
They really need to send an email today to give UCAS time to process it. The team they email aren't available for applicants to call at UCAS.

Just make sure you've got details of who you spoke to and that they've confirmed that they'll email UCAS to confirm their agreement. You need to call and let ALL universities involved know what you want the final outcome to be AND you need to notify UCAS of what you want to happen to. If you're unclear or give a confusing message to either university or to UCAS then that can delay things.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (40)
13.56%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (45)
15.25%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
18.31%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (120)
40.68%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (16)
5.42%
No particular grades needed (20)
6.78%