The Student Room Group

GCSE Results Day 2019 Countdown Thread - Judgement Day is HERE #BeResultsProud!

Poll

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

GCSE Results Day 2019 Countdown Thread - It's Here!

Results day is looming and TSR tradition means we have to have a countdown thread for everyone to get to know each other, talk about their hopes/fears and generally relax (as well as sharing advice and information before the big day)!
Introduce yourself; feel free to post the subjects you have done, the grades you would like, and any results day or summer holiday plans
People who do qualifications that are equivalent to GCSE can post here too

Vote in the poll above how you are feeling about the day!

Goodluck everyone :grouphugs:

(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Quotes from the Year 11 thread :biggrin:

Spoiler

it's only 4 weeks and 3 days people ! not 5 weeks
Wow
Original post by Cookies n cream

How you feeling about it ??
Original post by ShekinahM
How you feeling about it ??

pretty positive I think... I worked hard, I know what I want and I know what in cpabale of so fingers crossed I get that... How about you?

Thanks for the spot :colondollar: Lose track of time in the summer :hide:

Goodluck :hugs:
pretty positive I think... I worked hard, I know what I want and I know what in cpabale of so fingers crossed I get that... How about you?

That’s really good I hope that it turns out that way. The more I think about it the worse I think I did to be honest. But not like I failed but I didn’t excel.
Reply 8
Introducing myself and what I'm doing:
The subjects I did for GCSE's, exam board and my predicted grades where;

Maths, Edexcel, 9
History, Edexcel, 9
English Lit, AQA, 8
English Language, AQA, 8
Physics, AQA, 9
Chemistry, AQA, 9
Biology, AQA, 9
Geography, AQA, 9
French, AQA, 6
AddMaths(technically closer to an A level), OCR, A

I am feeling really excited and also absolutely terrified at the same time. I don't think Geography or English Lit went as well as I would have liked(so I might not get 9's in them), but I'm pretty sure I got full marks on Paper's 1 & 3 in Maths(my best subject), so I'm not really sure about what to expect. I'm really worried because I am a very extreme perfectionist(100% or nothing), so I get really severe anxiety and frustration if everything is not perfect, and I worked really, really hard for these exams so I don't want to be disappointed. I'm hoping to do Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics at A level, and I would probably want to study Economics or Maths at University, and probably hope to go into the Financial sector after that. I have spent a fair amount of my holiday revising for my A levels, as I'm addicted to revision, and am learning Economics for the first time(I really like it). I have spent the rest of the holiday playing tennis or going to the beach, and trying(and failing) not to feel stressed. How is everybody else feeling about results day?
Original post by Zoqua
Introducing myself and what I'm doing:
The subjects I did for GCSE's, exam board and my predicted grades where;

Maths, Edexcel, 9
History, Edexcel, 9
English Lit, AQA, 8
English Language, AQA, 8
Physics, AQA, 9
Chemistry, AQA, 9
Biology, AQA, 9
Geography, AQA, 9
French, AQA, 6
AddMaths(technically closer to an A level), OCR, A

I am feeling really excited and also absolutely terrified at the same time. I don't think Geography or English Lit went as well as I would have liked(so I might not get 9's in them), but I'm pretty sure I got full marks on Paper's 1 & 3 in Maths(my best subject), so I'm not really sure about what to expect. I'm really worried because I am a very extreme perfectionist(100% or nothing), so I get really severe anxiety and frustration if everything is not perfect, and I worked really, really hard for these exams so I don't want to be disappointed. I'm hoping to do Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics at A level, and I would probably want to study Economics or Maths at University, and probably hope to go into the Financial sector after that. I have spent a fair amount of my holiday revising for my A levels, as I'm addicted to revision, and am learning Economics for the first time(I really like it). I have spent the rest of the holiday playing tennis or going to the beach, and trying(and failing) not to feel stressed. How is everybody else feeling about results day?

I'm actually getting quite excited for results even if they are bad
Original post by sentry_going_up
I'm actually getting quite excited for results even if they are bad

Same but that’s because I can’t stand the anticipation
Hi!
Well we are way over half way between the last exam and results day! Not long left at all!
These are the subjects I do, exam board, the grade school predicted me, what I want, what I think I got

Maths, AQA, school-9, I want -9, think I got-9
Combined Science, AQA, school-99, I want-99, think I got-88
English language, Edexcel, school-7, I want 6, think I got 3 (I was ill and absent for 2nd paper, so will be resitting in November regardless of grade)
English literature, AQA, school-7, I want 6, think I got 6
Geography, Eduqas A, school-9, I want 9, think I got 8
Food preparation and nutrition, Eduqas, school-9, I want 9, think I got 9 (course work was 96/100)
Statistics, AQA, school-9, I want 7, I think I got 8
Religious studies, AQA, school-9, i want 9. I think I got 9

Overall i'm happy with how my exams went. I worked hard all year and I know I tried my best. I have a set of results in my head that if I get below I will be disappointed, however i'm feeling positive (most of the time !). With regards to results day part of me does not want to know my results, whereas another part of me is itching for them. The next 30 days are going to fly by and the results will be what the results will be. As long as everyone gets what they deserve then it should be a good day all round.
why😰😰😰
Original post by mez_merising
why😰😰😰

Because, sadly, it is happening and it is not far away.
maths - want 7, think i got 6
eng lit - want 7, think i got 7
eng lang - want 9, think i got 8
biology - want 8, think i got 7
chemistry - want 7, think i got 6
physics - want 7, think i got 6
history - want 6, think i got 6
religious studies - want 6, think i got 6
spanish - want 7, think i got 7
media studies - want 6, think i got 6

ideally i want all 7s and above but that's not going to happen.
personally I think it’s pointless to predict what I’m gonna get. just adds excess stress n I’ve already got too much acne sooo no thanks! I’ll just let it roll around n have a mini panic attack the night before hahA
I've been counting down the days.
I'm going to say my predicted grades and what I want to get.

AQA:
Art-- predicted- 6 want - 6 think i got -5
English Lit-- predicted -6 want- 7 think i got -6
English Lang-- predicted- 6 want- 6 think i got- 6
French-- predicted -7 want- 7 think i got- 6
EDEXCEL:
History-- predicted- 7 want - 8 think i got -7
Mathematics-- predicted -7 want -8 think i got- 7
Science-- predicted- 6-6 want -6-6 think i got - 5-5
OCR:
Geography-- predicted -7 want - 8 think i got- 7

The waiting is horrible for me but i'm going on holiday next week so hopefully that will keep me distracted and then when i get back it won't be long until results.
I'm sure you'll all do amazing.
Snapchat-172308882[1].jpg
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 17
I hope for the following grades in my 6 IGCSE exams:
Chinese: 9
English (2nd lang): 9
Maths: 9
Physics: 8
Chemistry: 9
Further pure maths: 7 or 8
I think writing the grades you’re expecting to get is just going to scare you