depression? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I don’t know what to do, i tell my parents i don’t feel like living, i don’t have friends, I hate myself etc. they tell me to not be stupid. i wish i had someone to talk to, i just feel so alone and i’m everyone’s second choice. My parents don’t think i’d actually do it. what do i do?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Corps
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Family is often useless in these situations, they don’t want to accept that you’re unhappy. I’d suggest you see your gp, if you know something isn’t right, it’s worth getting help.
Respect.Global
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey, it sounds like you're going through a really tough time right now and could use some support. Speaking out about your mental health is always hard because we don't like to show that we're vulnerable. Have you thought about speaking to your GP about it? They can start to get the ball rolling in terms of some treatments.

Hope this helps. If you want to ask any questions ask away.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Hiya, I know how it feels to be in your position. I’m sorry you’re going through a hard time. Have you tried booking an appointment with the GP? When I first booked my appointment, I decided to write all my feeling down on a paper and gave it to the doctors. You should try that x. Good luck xxx
polish_bear_65
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Some time ago my neighbor had his kid lost due to... depression complications. And now my elder is in his second year at college. How do I figure out if he's ok? Kids these days, they don't talk to you if there's something bothering them, something on their mind. I don't know, my dad never talked with me about my anxieties. Can't say I'd want to though.
Themedic123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello my friend Firstly, it is very brave for you to speak out about your problems as it isn't very easy at all! I am glad you are open with your parents. I really think you should speak to someone like a GP, a school/university mental health support person. Speaking to your GP would be great as it is common for them to see the problems you have described and they will most likely refer you for help. This could be to see a therapist.
It is really important that if you ever feel life is no longer worth living to tell someone who you can trust.
When people feel low, it is normal to have those thoughts that you have such as feeling alone. I know that it must be quite painful for you. This can all change. I promise you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (71)
14.29%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (76)
15.29%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (94)
18.91%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (197)
39.64%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (26)
5.23%
No particular grades needed (33)
6.64%