The Student Room Group

Broken windscreen wiper - help?

Hi I drive a fairly new Seat Ibiza (2017) and on sunday I woke up to find someone has vandalised my windscreen wiper on the driver side. He/she has bent the blade (bought a new one) and as he/she pulled it up, the spring has snapped off as well as chipping some of the paint. I went to Halfords and bought a new blade however they didn't stock the springs meaning it's only half fixed. Currently the new blade doesn't make contact with the windscreen wiper so it's not actually touching the windscreen. Also if i did use the windscreen it'll brush a tiny bit of the bonnet and therefore damage the paintwork.

There's a Seat car garage near me however they say I can't buy the spring individually and would need to buy a whole new arm which costs £51.60. I guess they're going to charge a premium. I wanted to buy the spring online at a far cheaper (or if i can't do that i'll buy the arm online at a far cheaper price) however I'm absolutely useless with cars so didn't want to buy the wrong one. Would someone be able to kindly help source this online which will work for my car/windscreen wiper.

This is how the wiper currently looks: https://i.imgur.com/EMuiR0q.jpg

Thanks
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by dylantombides
Hi I drive a fairly new Seat Ibiza (2017) and on sunday I woke up to find someone has vandalised my windscreen wiper on the driver side. He/she has bent the blade (bought a new one) and as he/she pulled it up, the spring has snapped off as well as chipping some of the paint. I went to Halfords and bought a new blade however they didn't stock the springs meaning it's only half fixed. Currently the new blade doesn't make contact with the windscreen wiper so it's not actually touching the windscreen. Also if i did use the windscreen it'll brush a tiny bit of the bonnet and therefore damage the paintwork.

There's a Seat car garage near me however they say I can't buy the spring individually and would need to buy a whole new blade which costs £51.60. I guess they're going to charge a premium. I wanted to buy the spring online at a far cheaper (or if i can't do that i'll buy the arm online at a far cheaper price) however I'm absolutely useless with cars so didn't want to buy the wrong one. Would someone be able to kindly help source this online which will work for my car/windscreen wiper.

Thanks

It's not a wiper blade, it's the wiper arm assembly. £51.60 is reasonable.
Reply 2
Original post by dylantombides

There's a Seat car garage near me however they say I can't buy the spring individually and would need to buy a whole new blade which costs £51.60. I guess they're going to charge a premium. I wanted to buy the spring online at a far cheaper (or if i can't do that i'll buy the arm online at a far cheaper price) however I'm absolutely useless with cars so didn't want to buy the wrong one. Would someone be able to kindly help source this online which will work for my car/windscreen wiper.

Thanks

Transfer the one from the other side. After all... the passenger doesn't need to see where he's going.
Reply 3
They're pretty cheap on eBay

eBay wiper arms
Original post by IWMTom
It's not a wiper blade, it's the wiper arm assembly. £51.60 is reasonable.

Sorry... typo ... edited now.

Quick Reply

Latest