Charchar101
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have changed my mind about uni course. So will have to go through clearing. I didn't do science a level - did English, geography, media and core maths (which I will fail as I'm hopeless). My grades won't be what I was predicted due to personal issue and having to move house which messed with my attendance and grades etc. My tutor has suggested I do a foundation year . I would like to do the environmental science and then if possible do meteorology/oceanography. Anyone else doing the foundation year? At East Anglia or Northampton?
How likely is it I'd get a place through clearing?
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Charchar101)
I have changed my mind about uni course. So will have to go through clearing. I didn't do science a level - did English, geography, media and core maths (which I will fail as I'm hopeless). My grades won't be what I was predicted due to personal issue and having to move house which messed with my attendance and grades etc. My tutor has suggested I do a foundation year . I would like to do the environmental science and then if possible do meteorology/oceanography. Anyone else doing the foundation year? At East Anglia or Northampton?
Have you looked at course requirements for meterology or oceanography? If you check out the requirements you'll know for sure as to whether you'll need to do a foundation year.

I foundation year is another whole year of funding i.e. £9250 + living costs. Did you know that?
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Charchar101)
How are you getting on? :hugs:
Charchar101
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Got into uni doing environmental science without foundation year 😁
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (74)
29.96%
No (173)
70.04%

Watched Threads