princessleia33
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all

I am looking for honest opinions from anyone who has studied Physiotherapy in their 40s. I am 45 and I received offers from two universities to study physio. I have since been worrying that I am too old to do this, and as I already have a degree is it a bit silly to think I can reinvent myself at this age? I put myself through a difficult and demanding online Access course to prepare for this, and just managed to finish it in time. It was a very intense period getting this done. I am not currently working, so I am debating about still looking for a place (I know there are some in Clearing) or going back to work in teaching...which I left a couple of years ago. Any honest thoughts appreciated! Thanks!
Levi23317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can never be too old,
username1785849
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Of course you're not too old. People retire around 68! There were a couple of people in their 40s and 50s on the course when I trained as a physio. It will be difficult but worth it.
princessleia33
Rep:
?
(Original post by Levi23317)
You can never be too old,
Thank you
princessleia33
Rep:
?
(Original post by orangeoranges)
Of course you're not too old. People retire around 68! There were a couple of people in their 40s and 50s on the course when I trained as a physio. It will be difficult but worth it.
Thank you I find this very reassuring! I have decided to accept a place!
ladyasprin
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would expect some of the more elderly clients might prefer a older physio.
princessleia33
Rep:
?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.67%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
16.89%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
15.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (60)
26.67%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (44)
19.56%

Watched Threads