The Student Room Group

Income Variance exception returned

Hi,

I've had my funding approved for my second year, but I've only been given the minimum amount of maintenance loan, and my funding letter states that the next step I need to take, in order to have my household income taken into account, is "HMRC Sponsor 2 Income Variance exception returned" - less than helpful!

After some googling, I've uncovered that this means HMRC have disagreed with the stated income of one of my parents. Fair enough, but there's been no attempt to contact either of them to rectify this (at least, so I'm told), I myself haven't been given any guidance, and there's no indication of which parent Sponsor 2 is.

If I could get some advice on what to do next, that'd be much appreciated.
Hi, sponsor 2 is your mum and she will have been contacted as it's an automatic process. You should ask her to send a copy of her 2017/18 tax year P60 to resolve this.
Thanks, Isaac.
Reply 2
Hi Isaac,

I can confirm that no contact has been made, either by post or email - I've just combed through her emails myself to be sure of that. I don't believe she has her P60, but does have her P45 for the last job she held that tax year, will that suffice? And if so, what form(s) need to be included with it?
Original post by Tolberti
Hi Isaac,

I can confirm that no contact has been made, either by post or email - I've just combed through her emails myself to be sure of that. I don't believe she has her P60, but does have her P45 for the last job she held that tax year, will that suffice? And if so, what form(s) need to be included with it?

She could of had another job after the p45 so a p45 doesn't show the full income in the tax year. If she doesn't have a P60 she could contact HMRC and ask for a statement of earnings. If she attaches a covering letter just to state she has been asked for evidence.

If you are positive your household income is below 25 thousand then we could resolve this without evidence if you contact us on the phone or through twitter/facebook so we can access your account.

Thanks, Isaac.
HelloI am going through an identical problem what number do i call to resolve the issue
Original post by Isiah zion
HelloI am going through an identical problem what number do i call to resolve the issue

Hello Isiah,

You can send us a message on Facebook or Twitter:

Facebook Link-http://ow.ly/lx2130pvZrx
Twitter Link- http://ow.ly/Pd3D30pvZwl

Our Customer Service Number is- 0300 100 0607
Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am 8pm and 9am- 4pm on Saturday. From 7th April, various lines will be open on a Sunday from 9am to 4pm.

Thanks, Lynsey. .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending