Still haven't heard anything about the progress of my Diploma... Watch

Rose223
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello,

In September 2017 I started and 18 month Level 3 apprenticeship in Digital Marketing. The apprenticeship provider was a local college. I finished the apprenticeship work approx. 2 months early in January 2019. I was told at the time that the college didn't have an internal verifier to mark the work before it gets sent out to the External verifier. In April, they finally hired someone to take over the role of marking the work which they have now done. I have been told (though not explicitly) that my portfolio has now been sent out to be marked by the External verifier which means I should get my diploma soon, however it has now been almost 3 months and I haven't heard anything since.

As the apprenticeship was only meant to last 18 months (promised that the marking process would take place in this time too) I have had to leave my place of employment as they no longer needed me. I am now stuck in limbo because it is very hard to get a job and the missing diploma is always questioned, to which I can't give an answer on how long it will take to get it as I have had no word back from the college.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I feel like I have done so much work yet have nothing to currently show for it.

How long does it usually take for the work to be marked and Diploma to be given? I can't seem to get any answers

Thanks.
HobbinsE
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rose223)
Hello,

In September 2017 I started and 18 month Level 3 apprenticeship in Digital Marketing. The apprenticeship provider was a local college. I finished the apprenticeship work approx. 2 months early in January 2019. I was told at the time that the college didn't have an internal verifier to mark the work before it gets sent out to the External verifier. In April, they finally hired someone to take over the role of marking the work which they have now done. I have been told (though not explicitly) that my portfolio has now been sent out to be marked by the External verifier which means I should get my diploma soon, however it has now been almost 3 months and I haven't heard anything since.

As the apprenticeship was only meant to last 18 months (promised that the marking process would take place in this time too) I have had to leave my place of employment as they no longer needed me. I am now stuck in limbo because it is very hard to get a job and the missing diploma is always questioned, to which I can't give an answer on how long it will take to get it as I have had no word back from the college.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I feel like I have done so much work yet have nothing to currently show for it.

How long does it usually take for the work to be marked and Diploma to be given? I can't seem to get any answers

Thanks.
Email or phone the college, I was told once my certificates would be posted but then they changed their mind after we’d finished and they didn’t think to say, some places suck at communication about that stuff.
Keep phoning them until they give you an answer if you know the awarding body the college used you could also try to get in contact with them if the college are no help.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.41%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.52%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (86)
19.07%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.13%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.66%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.21%