The Student Room Group

lunch for £5? what can i buy?

hi.............what can u buy for £5? i'm in london (cheaper side) ..mcdonalds is NOT FILLING AT ALL i'm sooo skinny and i never feel full from spending £5 at mcds looooooool

pfc???? i hate the way they fry chicken tho...suggestions?
Reply 1
Tesco £3 meal deal
wait so ure telling me people feel full from ONE SANDWICH 1 drink and a crisp? wow T_T how
Original post by AdamCor
Tesco £3 meal deal
subway ...
London prices are crazy I don’t know what to recommend tbh
Reply 5
Buy 2 sandwiches if you have enough leftover then. And idk how, it depends, some of the sandwiches are a lot bigger than the others.
Original post by anonymoussse
wait so ure telling me people feel full from ONE SANDWICH 1 drink and a crisp? wow T_T how
Anything filled with gluten.
i've tried subway a total of 4 times in my lifetime and omggggg how did i spend 4.50 on a little sandwich?? it doesn't even come with a drink T_T
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
subway ...
Make your own. Or at least bring in some cheese and vegetables then buy a baguette from Tesco. It will cost less than £1 and you can eat as much as you like. Who on earth would regularly spend £5 on lunch!
The triple breakfast sandwich is the tits.

I'm a 6'2'' 200+lb guy and I do. Not necessarily like "wow I couldn't eat another bite", but it stops me feeling hungry.
i've tried subway a total of 4 times in my lifetime and omggggg how did i spend 4.50 on a little sandwich?? it doesn't even come with a drink T_T

little??
Why don’t you make your own lunch?
Reply 13
Either make your own or go to a street food stall.

In shoreditch last time I was there I had some ridiculous size kebab style wrap and it was only £4.80. It was genuinely amazing and filled me up :yy:
Lidl Bakery Pizzas, You could get 7 for a £5 and that would be pretty much 2000 calories, and if that doesn't fill you up I don't know what will.
hi.............what can u buy for £5? i'm in london (cheaper side) ..mcdonalds is NOT FILLING AT ALL i'm sooo skinny and i never feel full from spending £5 at mcds looooooool

pfc???? i hate the way they fry chicken tho...suggestions?

I have the same struggle too T_T
I'm a student midwife and have to work 12 hour shift for placement and the food around the hospital cost soo expensive i.e. £3.95 for a tuna panini -_-
You just have you make your own tbh
Or go to Aldi or Lidl the food there is cheap
I usually get a tipple bacon egg and sausage sandwich, fridge raiders and a bottle of water, or a healthy drink at Tesco for £3. Very good
Reply 17
Using you five pounds, you can make you own lunch pack. Buy the items and prepare in the night before and put in the fridge. Another alternative, is getting Tesco meal deal for £3.00

Quick Reply

Latest