BTEC help Watch

hh565
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
so im at the end of year 12 and i’m currently taking BTEC applied science, health and social care and IT
i want to get into the health care sector such as radiography, audiology etc but ive looked at many university entry requirements and they want the extended diploma in health or science
idk what i should do
i can either 1) carry on with the three BTECs
2) drop IT and do double h&s care
3) do extended diploma in science or h&s but be a whole year behind
please help someone!!
Last edited by hh565; 4 weeks ago
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hh565)
so im at the end of year 12 and i’m currently taking BTEC applied science, health and social care and IT
i want to get into the health care sector such as radiography, audiology etc but ive looked at many university entry requirements and they want the extended diploma in health or science
idk what i should do
please help someone!!
specifically which healthcare degree do you prefer? you could consider carrying on the 3 and then doing a foundation year or dropping it and doing double health and social care as the applied science might still be accepted in a few places.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hh565)
idk what i should do
please help someone!!
1. Find your target courses and check entry requirements.
2. What they really like is one science A level.
3 Make a spreadsheet/ table where you note down entrance requirements based on what subjects you have.
4. Once you have ten then you should be able to see the most effective combination you can get with least effort.
5. If entrance requirements are not stated then contact admissions, explain your qualifications and see what they think is acceptable. Most entrance requirements only state extended diploma because thats what people do and you have 3 extended certificates. That is unusual. Might be fine and might not be hence check.
hh565
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i prefer audiology, i have looked around and most places do want a science a-level :\ it also depends on my exam results too which are v soon
most universities want the extended diploma as a btec not seperate btecs does that make sense
however i am doing 3 btecs as apposed to doing one single btec subject
(Original post by claireestelle)
specifically which healthcare degree do you prefer? you could consider carrying on the 3 and then doing a foundation year or dropping it and doing double health and social care as the applied science might still be accepted in a few places.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hh565)
i prefer audiology, i have looked around and most places do want a science a-level :\ it also depends on my exam results too which are v soon
most universities want the extended diploma as a btec not seperate btecs does that make sense
however i am doing 3 btecs as apposed to doing one single btec subject
Email admissions for a few unis and ask specifically if they d accept your courses or not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (167)
13.11%
Excited (111)
8.71%
Worried (232)
18.21%
Terrified (298)
23.39%
Meh (102)
8.01%
Confused (32)
2.51%