Do I have enough time to revise for GCSEs 2020?

Watch this thread
Jeanderson14
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello I am in year 10 and it is the first week of my summer holidays
I am freaking out thinking that I don’t have enough time to revise everything
I would love to do really well and I have high expectations
So if you can please can u send me any revision notes or websites that could help me for the following subjects:
Maths higher
English Lang
Triple science Biology chemistry and physics
higher
French higher
Business
Computer science
History studying Normans, Germany and power of the people
Thanks for taking your time to read this and please help if possible
17t.martin
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Use past papers, you will find them on the exam boards website, for example search up AQA biology past papers. There is a mark scheme as well
LivingGunn
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
you really do not need to start revising now... but a good website is seneca to make sure you know the content.
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Of course you have enough time! There's no need to panic or worry about your exams. The first thing I would suggest doing is printing all the specifications for each of your subjects. After you've printed them off, go through them with a highlighter so you understand the possible questions you could be asked. (Keep all specs in a file). This will also allow you to know what the exam board is asking you to learn through revision books/websites.

Revision websites you can use:

-Maths: Mathsgenie, Mymaths, Mathswatch, Studymaths, Mathsmadeeasy(MME)

-English: PIXL, Bitesize, Mr Bruff

-Science: Seneca, Tassomai, Bitesize, FreeScienceLessons, Primrose kitten

-History: Seneca, revision guides are the best to be honest

I haven't studied French/Business or Computer science so I'm not much help on those ones. Sorry! For my exams I did History, Geography, and Health and social.

The best thing to do is create a revision timetable for when you begin year 11 so you have a structured day till the end of your exams. (You don't have to entirely follow this, but it's good to have a plan for revision, and don't revise every single day, its great to have breaks!). You don't have to revise loads in the summer holidays, even 30 minutes to an hour is great! Make sure you have a good rest too, year 11 will be full of revision and some stress. But there's no need to feel overwhelmed with the transition.

Aim to complete all your notes the month before your exams so there's no cramming and it's stress free. (Or at least less stressful for you) You can then focus on recalling your revision notes and completing enough past papers. - Try not to complete past papers in the summer holidays, you'll be using them a lot in year 11. Especially for maths and science, the pre examinations you're given next year use past papers so you can see how effective your notes are. Lastly, if you find you're struggling to recall the content in exams/quizzes you may need to change your revision techniques. Have you started to revise yet? If so, are you making mind maps all flashcards? Have a differentiation of revision techniques for each subject so you're not reviewing 30 mind maps in one go. (It'll become tiresome and boring).

I hope this helps, good luck! You're welcome to message me if you need any support or advice. I've just completed my GCSEs so I'm more than happy to answer any of your questions.
(Original post by Jeanderson14)
So if you can please can u send me any revision notes or websites that could help me for the following subjects:
Maths higher
English Lang
higher
French higher
Business
Computer science
Ðeggs
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Yes you certainly have enough time! Start making revision resources for the year 10 content you’ve covered.

Poems in English, flash cards for sciences, notes / mind maps with picture prompts got history and geography, past papers or explained written answers for maths, vocabulary / speaking planned answers on flashcards for langages
OscarMannen
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Woah, woah, woah, woah. Chill, seriously. You shouldn't even be thinking about revising for your gcse's right now. Just enjoy your summer and start thinking about your GCSE revision after the Christmas break.
molot
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
You have a whole year, I left it till exam season and it went perfectly fine, chill out.
username4158404
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
For science PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use My GCSE Science. I just finished my exams and I really wish I would have used it much earlier, even though I don't think I failed.
jemima0103
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
You have loads of time to revise. Enjoy your holiday an relax. Only do work if you feel like you HAVE to
Here's some things that helped me though:
scinece-- Seneca
Maths-- Justmaths, Corbettmaths
French-- Quizlet
History-- I had some Grade 9 exam practice books.
Use revision and exam practice books as well as past papers

(Original post by Jeanderson14)
Maths higher
English Lang
higher
French higher
Business
Computer science
idk01
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Bro are you kidding... I started revising 2 weeks before mine and I did well

Enjoy the summer, don't worry about work and from then start gradually increasing your workload
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (154)
41.62%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.65%
No (147)
39.73%

Watched Threads