The Student Room Group

Boy tells me he is "not attracted to me"

Hey. I just wanted to vent online. I'm 28 and there was a boy at school who used to flirt with me and like me. We never did anything at school but then he visited me for my 21st bday party. I got drunk and we made out, and we did things but not sex. Then I asked him where things were going and he said he didn't want anything serious. And then we were planning on having some fun after we graduated but we both sort of went our different ways and he started dating someone else (I was OK with it) and we lost contact. We got back in contact recently (I'm 28 now) and began texting again. We sent eachother a few dirty pictures and then planned to meet. He rang me last week and we had a few naughty skype sessions and planned some sexual things to do. He had been fine with everything, telling me he wanted us to meet and do sexual things. Then I messaged him today asking if he wanted to come over. And he replied "I'd rather not... I've had a change of heart. Probably because I know it won't go anywhere" and I replied "I know that I thought it was just fun?" and He said "I'm not really attracted to you either. I guess I thought I was, but have now realised I'm not." I told him to delete all our messages and never contact me ever again and told him I was going to block his number. It's OK - I'm 28 and I'm an adult and obviously I'm a little hurt cos I'm a human being. But I'll get over it, it's not like I'm an insecure teenager. But why do you think he did this, and are you shocked by what he said? Do you think that is really brutal?
Reply 1
He may have enjoyed the attention, but I'm 20 so I have less experience than you.
I can get not wanting contact again... I mean it'll just mess you about. But it isn't really harsh... attraction and feelings are never simple. He may have felt lonely or simply enjoyed the attention/flirty conversation. But then when he thought about it (especially now as an adult) he may just have really thought he wants to put time towards a person he'd want to pursue a relationship with.
I know it's rough considering he did sound okay with it all but human beings are complicated.. :frown:
Original post by stickylikehoney
Hey. I just wanted to vent online. I'm 28 and there was a boy at school who used to flirt with me and like me. We never did anything at school but then he visited me for my 21st bday party. I got drunk and we made out, and we did things but not sex. Then I asked him where things were going and he said he didn't want anything serious. And then we were planning on having some fun after we graduated but we both sort of went our different ways and he started dating someone else (I was OK with it) and we lost contact. We got back in contact recently (I'm 28 now) and began texting again. We sent eachother a few dirty pictures and then planned to meet. He rang me last week and we had a few naughty skype sessions and planned some sexual things to do. He had been fine with everything, telling me he wanted us to meet and do sexual things. Then I messaged him today asking if he wanted to come over. And he replied "I'd rather not... I've had a change of heart. Probably because I know it won't go anywhere" and I replied "I know that I thought it was just fun?" and He said "I'm not really attracted to you either. I guess I thought I was, but have now realised I'm not." I told him to delete all our messages and never contact me ever again and told him I was going to block his number. It's OK - I'm 28 and I'm an adult and obviously I'm a little hurt cos I'm a human being. But I'll get over it, it's not like I'm an insecure teenager. But why do you think he did this, and are you shocked by what he said? Do you think that is really brutal?
He was probably attracted to you at first but lost the attraction. Is *****y feeling, but I've had similar experience where I have lost attraction to girls after like a month of seeing each other.
It's OK. This guy is good looking and I liked him in some ways because he was good looking and used to tell me I was good looking and fancied me sexually.
He doesn't have that good a personality - like he's not good or bad he's just a bit sort of dull. Not particularly funny or interesting.
If I was younger I'd probably be more upset but as I'm 28 and probably want to find a husband in the next few years it's OK. I'm not really after a "fit lad" now I'm an adult. More focused on personality and how we connect.
Nevermind I'll get over it in a day! x

Quick Reply

Latest