The Student Room Group

6 week holiday

I’ve just finished Y10 and I’m on my 6 week summer holiday. Is there anything I should be doing leading up to Y11 to ensure I get the best grades possible?
Relax. Honestly, just do. I said I was gonna revise over the summer and I didn't , and it was a brilliant decision. I'm predicted nearly all 9s and I can definitely say a break between working so hard helped !
Don't burn the candle at both ends. Sleep is valuable.
Depends on how well you learn. If you're the kind of person who needs a lot of time to revise before exams, I'd suggest doing something once or twice a week just to remember things and keep your brain working. If you can remember things for a long time and don't need to revise that much then you don't really need to do anything over the holidays. I didn't do anything over that summer, did the work in school, didn't really revise all too much before the exams (started about 2-3 days before my first exam), and ended up getting mostly 7s and 8s and one 9. Although i did get a 6 in maths, but I just hated it.

Just, for now, enjoy the last time you're ever gonna have freedom, after year 11 the summers are just gonna be stressful
Original post by Notkya
I’ve just finished Y10 and I’m on my 6 week summer holiday. Is there anything I should be doing leading up to Y11 to ensure I get the best grades possible?

Quick Reply

Latest