The Student Room Group

Girl stared messaging, is she possibly interested

So basically this girl that goes to my lectures, we were fb friends and have some common friends etc. but we haven’t ever spoken to each other before, and she just sent me ’happy birthday’ and ’hope you have a nice day’ or something similar on facebook (on messenger, not on like your wall thing).

Just first of all, is it normal for random people to start a messenger convo by wishing you happy birthday? (Obviously it’s normal to wish happy birthday, but this is the first time it’s from someone I’m not friends with before)

Anyways she’s cute so I started talking to her a bit more and it seems to be going well.

So I think there’s a chance she’s interested, or am I looking too much into this?
Why don’t you just try and carry on talking to her and see how it turns out? I wouldn’t read too much into it but she obviously has some interest in you to wish you a happy birthday. I don’t message or even write on anyone’s walls on their birthdays unless we’re actually friends and not just “Facebook friends”
Yes, it's normal for a conversation to start that way.

There is not enough information to tell you if she's interested. If you like her though then ask her on a date. Worst she can say is no.
Reply 3
Original post by sinfonietta
Yes, it's normal for a conversation to start that way.

There is not enough information to tell you if she's interested. If you like her though then ask her on a date. Worst she can say is no.

It is it normal to just write that to people if you have no interest in them? Would you write that to a person if you weren’t friends with them and you didn’t have any interest in them?
Original post by Anonymous
It is it normal to just write that to people if you have no interest in them? Would you write that to a person if you weren’t friends with them and you didn’t have any interest in them?

Yes. There are reasons out there to message someone besides romantic interest. The most straightforward being potential friendship!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending