The Student Room Group

Calling Depop Users

Is it just me or is it really hard to sell items on this website. I just don’t understand how users are constantly buying and purchasing from the well known users. I have been liking and following people and their items for 2 weeks. I have even retagged my posts and uploaded new pictures. My price range for art is around £2.50-£5.50. But clothes is way more expensive due to the condition they are in and brand. I can’t be selling high end clothes for around £20-40 pounds when they were brought for far more. I also feel as if sellers mark their items as “sold”, but haven’t actually sold these items, in order to make their shop look good and sell more. 🤷*♀️ I’m kind of getting tired of uploading items every day.

Any advice?
(edited 4 years ago)
Depends on what it is? If you're selling art you may be better off on etsy as depop is mainly used for clothing/accessories.
Original post by businessbria
Depends on what it is? If you're selling art you may be better off on etsy as depop is mainly used for clothing/accessories.

Other people are selling art and they are doing good. 🤷*♀️🤷*♀️
I am selling clothes but people just won’t buy it. I am pricing them at a reasonable price based on condition and the fact that I will wash them before sending these clothes away. I am even doing free shipping.
On top of people following to unfollow is frustrating.
Original post by Discrepancy
Other people are selling art and they are doing good. 🤷*♀️🤷*♀️
I am selling clothes but people just won’t buy it. I am pricing them at a reasonable price based on condition and the fact that I will wash them before sending these clothes away. I am even doing free shipping.
On top of people following to unfollow is frustrating.

See whoever likes your posts and message them, nothing too much or you'll annoy them out of buying but do promote (if thats possible) your posts. Again, some clothing might never get sold because of different style choices. Usually y2k or modern teenage clothing will sell easily, especially if you tag Brandy Melville, Topshop, Pull&Bear and those kind of shops even if they're not from there.
Original post by businessbria
See whoever likes your posts and message them, nothing too much or you'll annoy them out of buying but do promote (if thats possible) your posts. Again, some clothing might never get sold because of different style choices. Usually y2k or modern teenage clothing will sell easily, especially if you tag Brandy Melville, Topshop, Pull&Bear and those kind of shops even if they're not from there.

I think with messaging I wouldn’t, as I have received several messages from items I have liked. I tend to find these messages quite annoying, as I would not buy from this site. It’s a really young market that just focuses on vintage and thrifting clothes. Despite being 18 myself, I am surprised how quick some items sell whereas some don’t. 🤷*♀️

Quick Reply

Latest