The girl at work... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
There’s a girl at work that I think is fantastic but our shifts only line up a couple of times a month. Is it worth hanging in there and hoping for a bit of luck or should I just get past it?
Alexty28
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you like her why don't you try talking to her outside of work? Like get her sc or number? And if it goes well then ask her out.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
There’s a girl at work that I think is fantastic but our shifts only line up a couple of times a month. Is it worth hanging in there and hoping for a bit of luck or should I just get past it?
Don't just wait for her at work, see if you can meet our outside of work!

Good luck
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Alexty28)
If you like her why don't you try talking to her outside of work? Like get her sc or number? And if it goes well then ask her out.
I had thought about adding her on FB and talking to her through that but I just don’t know if I’ve spent enough time with her to even do that. I don’t have much experience in this so im probably going to end up overthinking everything.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ecolier)
Don't just wait for her at work, see if you can meet our outside of work!

Good luck
As I said in the other reply, I really don’t have any experience with this sort of thing at all. I don’t want to overdo it and I’m just not sure if we’ve even spent enough time together in work to suggest meeting outside it. If I’m overthinking this tell me, I appreciate the help and advice.
Alexty28
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I had thought about adding her on FB and talking to her through that but I just don’t know if I’ve spent enough time with her to even do that. I don’t have much experience in this so im probably going to end up overthinking everything.
I think a much better way to do it would be asking for her number or sc in person, rather than just jumping in online. Just be calm and play it cool, do not try and rush to the end and make it awkward.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Alexty28)
I think a much better way to do it would be asking for her number or sc in person, rather than just jumping in online. Just be calm and play it cool, do not try and rush to the end and make it awkward.
Yea you’re just right, now I just need to go and download sc 😂
Seriously though I really appreciate the help, it’s good to be able to get a second opinion.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you talk to each other a lot when you see each other and do you get on well? If so, I don't think it is strange to add her on social media. If you are close with your colleagues, you could suggest hanging out after work and inviting her, to give you a chance to get to know her better outside of work.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
Do you talk to each other a lot when you see each other and do you get on well? If so, I don't think it is strange to add her on social media. If you are close with your colleagues, you could suggest hanging out after work and inviting her, to give you a chance to get to know her better outside of work.
We get on really well when we’re around each other, the problem really is just that our shifts don’t match up more than a couple of times month and when they do match up sometimes it’s just for a couple of hours.
I don’t know if it’s stupid even giving it this much thought seeing as how I rarely see her. The more thought I give it the more I’m starting to think I should just try and get over it 😕
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
No it's not worth it and you should get past it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.41%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.52%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (86)
19.07%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.13%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.66%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise