do I need to send proof of my qualifications if I have an unconditional offer? Watch

f4mygrades
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have an unconditional offer, but they've asked for proof of 'necessary' qualifications. To add to this, I've lost my GCSE certificates. How should I approach this?
realaravinda
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
gcse does not matter as long as you have good A levels i believe. But most of the exam boards keep record on your results, so you can always request a replacement cert if you can remember your exam number.
Admit-One
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If they've asked for evidence of your GCSE's then you'll likely need to get replacement certificates. The exam board might be able to give you a statement of results or similar which might be acceptable.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by f4mygrades)
I have an unconditional offer, but they've asked for proof of 'necessary' qualifications. To add to this, I've lost my GCSE certificates. How should I approach this?
You need to prove that you've got the qualifications that you've said you have- otherwise the uni can say your application was fraudulent and they no longer want to offer you a place. I would explain to the uni you need to get replacement GCSE certificates, and find out how long it will take to get these. As long as you can get them before 31st August, you should be fine.

(Original post by realaravinda)
gcse does not matter as long as you have good A levels i believe. But most of the exam boards keep record on your results, so you can always request a replacement cert if you can remember your exam number.
Most unis have minimum requirements for English and Maths GCSEs and will want proof you meet this. Some unis/courses may have additional GCSE requirements.
Emma1999_
Badges: 14
Report 4 weeks ago
Will the uni receive a levels results for our unconditonals or will we need evidence for this ( mine get emailed from my student account but then access to this is cut off the day after apparently) .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.51%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.4%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.75%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.4%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.69%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.25%