Revising for exams at university. Watch

rafalzacher1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I was considering buying books to start learning for my university course; however, I can't decide if I should buy ebooks or hardcover/paperback. Which version will be most effective for learning?

TheYearNiner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hardcover you feel meeee
rgiytbyei
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

That depends entirely on your circumstances, such as the level of study and dependency on said books. If you are about to head into your first year of university I would strongly advise against this as once you arrive you have a plethora of literature available through the universities online and physical library. This also reduces the chances of you arriving at university miffed because you picked up the wrong books at extortionate prices.

Also remember, most books you read will only serve to better your knowledge of that specific topic and that might be summarised in one chapter - something you might be able to find elsewhere for free!

My advice would be to look at google scholar, its completely free (I believe), but if you are wanting physical books always check online for the cheapest copies and in local libraries.

Best,
Dan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (180)
12.78%
Excited (116)
8.23%
Worried (264)
18.74%
Terrified (329)
23.35%
Meh (113)
8.02%
Confused (33)
2.34%