The Student Room Group

My room is a tip but I can't be bothered to clean it

As usual, my room at home is a tip. I never clean up after myself because I don't have the time with being a student. The only time I have is during the summer which is now but I can't be bothered, I'm exhausted after the long year I have had and it's getting too hot now to clean. I just want to relax not clean up everyday. I really don't want to clean but I have to, there's too much mess, it will take me 1-2 weeks to finish. Anyone else need to clean their tip of a room?

I wish I had the time to clean daily so I didn't get to this but unfortunately it happens every year and a few weeks of my summer is wasted on cleaning every year.
Just to get the job done, you could try phoning a nice friend and explaining your situation to them and if they’re nice enough they could help you tidy up your place. It can make the process more fun too as you can have conversations meanwhile.

Although this issue may be deeper than it looks: you need to find your purpose in life, if you feel it is best try and find psychological support through people you know or otherwise and then you may stop being lazy about this.
Original post by Anonymous
As usual, my room at home is a tip. I never clean up after myself because I don't have the time with being a student. The only time I have is during the summer which is now but I can't be bothered, I'm exhausted after the long year I have had and it's getting too hot now to clean. I just want to relax not clean up everyday. I really don't want to clean but I have to, there's too much mess, it will take me 1-2 weeks to finish. Anyone else need to clean their tip of a room?

I wish I had the time to clean daily so I didn't get to this but unfortunately it happens every year and a few weeks of my summer is wasted on cleaning every year.
haha! Get off the forum and tidy your room...geez!
You’re just scared of making a start because it seems a bit daunting. Take 20 minutes initially and tidy a little at a time if that makes it easier. It’s surprising how much you can get done in a short space of time. I highly doubt it will take weeks or even days and you’ll feel so much better with less clutter. You’re creating more stress for yourself.

Really interested in seeing how messy/gross your room is now lol can you send us a picture :P
Reply 5
Update: still haven't bothered to do any cleaning, I didn't want to risk it with the heatwave going on. Maybe next week if it's cooler like the weather predictions say it will be.
Update: still haven't bothered to do any cleaning, I didn't want to risk it with the heatwave going on. Maybe next week if it's cooler like the weather predictions say it will be.

put some music on and make yourself clean x section by the time the song finishes :smile: stick a fan on and with a less cluttered room it'll be nicer :biggrin:
Reply 7
I was going to do mine today but my room is the hottest in the house so my mum has told me to keep out of it lol
music will stress you out- don’t. Put on a podcast or some lecture and tidy up. The heatwave is just an excuse. My mum tidied all day today- thoroughly- AND with a swollen ankle and she is ok. You’re less hot inside. The dust collecting because of your messy room is what’s posing a health risk. Get off your phone and tidy. Now.

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9

Because you need to admit to your self that you are lazy and don't really mind living in a tip otherwise you would take responsibility for cleaning up! Sometimes one has to say it like it is!
It sounds like you are bad at time management if you can't find time during the academic year to clean your room. That and the heatwave just sound like excuses to avoid doing it.

Once you actually start cleaning it won't feel as huge a chore as it does now.
neither can I :sleep:
Original post by YaliaV
You’re just scared of making a start because it seems a bit daunting. Take 20 minutes initially and tidy a little at a time if that makes it easier. It’s surprising how much you can get done in a short space of time. I highly doubt it will take weeks or even days and you’ll feel so much better with less clutter. You’re creating more stress for yourself.

Detto! It might seem harder at first but when you get started it’s really not bad
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by HumbleBee_x
neither can I :sleep:

Oh well. Its your room to be fair. Disorganisation is an individual's right and so are the consequences! lol.
:yes:
Original post by mgi
Oh well. Its your room to be fair. Disorganisation is an individual's right and so are the consequences! lol.
Original post by SuperHuman98

This man is a legend. Because of him I always keep my room tidy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending