Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Delete
Last edited by Meg192501; 3 weeks ago
oHtheCalamity
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would personally break up with him- find people with similar values to me, have serious conversations so that you know what you’re getting into(what they want/ don’t want etc) spend time with them platonically purely, then get married if you get that far.
Surnia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Meg192501)
do I let him go and get with other girls but I’m afraid of who it will be and what if I can’t forgive.
Sorry to hear about your situation, but if you and your boyfriend don't stay together, it's up to him what he does. It sounds a bit controlling talking about worrying who he might get together with. If he's single and goes out with someone you don't like, that's his choice! And there'd be nothing to forgive; some people come into relationships with a history, so what? People live their lives and that can't be changed.

There is no point staying in a relationship where one or both of you are unhappy. You did get together very young, but have a proper discussion and see if there is anything else is bothering your bf.
Lady Jamie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There’s a difference between ‘breaking up’ temporarily for the sake of sleeping around and genuinely splitting up due to incompatibility. ‘Taking a break’ so he is able to sleep with someone else is a dealbreaker in my book. May as well give him ‘permission’ to cheat while remaining together. Same concept. 🙄

You guys are very young and he sounds especially immature. If someone is going to regret not sleeping around after meeting the one they ‘love’ then one should really reevaluate their true feelings. Best to just end it permanently.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
FolkPixie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
"breaks" don't work in relationships & I've never really known open relationships to work ...If he's not wanting to commit 100% to you & you only at this point then end it there to save more upset & drama at a later date because you said he could see other people but then got upset because he went out and actually did.

I can tell you now you won't be happy if he does go out and see other people, whether you know them or not. And as a couple you should be making each other happy ...you shouldnt be giving up your own happiness for his.

You're only 18...you will meet someone who goes out of their way to make you happy one day...and they will be worth waiting for.
YaliaV
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nice avatar...

He wants to experiment and that’s natural at your age. I don’t think you should attempt to patch things up because that urge isn’t going to leave it. Try to remain on friendly terms. You should get to know yourself away from him. Think of it as a new beginning.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
TheMadNerd93
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Meg192501)
So me and my boyfriend have being going out just over two years and today (2 days before my birthday) he got really upset and me too as I just wanted him to do something with me for my birthday but it escalated and I knew he wasn’t as invested in the relationship as he used to be and he finally said that he loved me and wanted to be with me but felt he was missing out as we got together when we were 15 and he hadn’t had a girlfriend before me. Now we are taking a couple of days to decide what is best for both of us, I’m unsure what to do...do I let him go and get with other girls but I’m afraid of who it will be and what if I can’t forgive. We’re only 18 and I don’t want him to settle having regrets later in life. Can anyone help with this situation??
First of all happy birthday to you

I think your boyfriend wouldn't mention the "missing out issue" if he was sincerely and seriously in love with you and committed to your relationship. A person who is serious about their relationship is expected to work on things towards advancement and improvements; they wouldn't be seen complaining about the fact that they haven't "experienced" anything before getting into the relationship. I don't understand why he doesn't experience it with you?
In my opinion, don't do anything, let him decide on what is comfortable for him. Whatever his decision is, accept it. If he wants to get with other girls for "experience" then let this be so. It's his choice. Don't request the opposite from him. In case you guys break up, I don't really think it is your loss, rather it is his. You've yourself said it; you're only 18. Your life is still ahead of you with a huge chance for you to grow better, experience and explore, and perhaps finding someone who is of a much better compatibility and who will address your bond the way it deserves.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (71)
14.29%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (76)
15.29%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (94)
18.91%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (197)
39.64%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (26)
5.23%
No particular grades needed (33)
6.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise