The Student Room Group

Help, HIV ARS??

Hello, I am extremely worried I may be going through ARS. A few weeks ago I had unprotected oral sex(he did not ejaculate in my mouth), and we had protected anal sex. Starting last Thursday I started to develop a rash on my torso, and it got worse on the following Friday. The rash was small-to-medium size dots on my stomach, back and chest. Friday evening I developed a fever. By Saturday the rash had gone, but I noticed one of the lymph nodes one the back of my head on the side got swollen. Sunday and Monday I noticed a few more were swollen and one on the right side. After reading about ARS, i checked and think one of my lymph nodes in the groin may be swollen as well. I am out of the UK right now, so it will be a few weeks before I can get tested, and I am extremely scared. Any advice would be great!

Thanks
Sorry to hear this. Possibly but all possibly not, but either way the next few weeks are going to be very stressful.

Do protect everyone else and do not engage in behaviour or activities that might put others at risk, even with protection.

You'll need to get tested. A blood test 4 weeks after possible infection is most effective, followed by a repeated test to confirm 1-3 months later (depending on the advice given).

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hiv-and-aids/diagnosis/

Quick Reply

Latest