Conservative leadership thread: Boris Johnson chosen as next UK Prime Minister Watch

+ polarity -
Badges: 21
Report 4 weeks ago
gross
mjhmichael18
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah, Boris Johnson wins by a margin of 45,497 to Jeremy Hunt no real surprise there even though I didn’t really want him.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Both are bad as each other, my guinea pigs could run this country better :rolleyes:
imlikeahermit
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
When you have an opposition that is Jeremy Corbyn, and you still have a now prime minster more unelectable, you know your struggling.. Bunch of muppets...
OhGod
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Legend. Boris should be regarded as a god.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well, at least we're not like the poor Americans who have to put up with a clownish and over-privileged buffoon of an overweight old white man with no knowledge of ordinary people as their leader.
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The Official LiberOfLondon Cabinet Prediction:
Prime Minister: Boris Johnson
Chancellor of the Exchequer: Jacob Rees-Mogg
Home Secretary: Sajid Javid
Foreign Secretary: Dominic Raab
Brexit Secretary: Steve Baker
Gove, McVey, Patel and Francois will get a nice new Cabinet office. I have a sneaky suspicion that Priti Patel will become Environment Secretary but don't want to make it an official prediction.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
The Official LiberOfLondon Cabinet Prediction:
Prime Minister: Boris Johnson
Chancellor of the Exchequer: Jacob Rees-Mogg
Home Secretary: Sajid Javid
Foreign Secretary: Dominic Raab
Brexit Secretary: Steve Baker
Gove, McVey, Patel and Francois will get a nice new Cabinet office. I have a sneaky suspicion that Priti Patel will become Environment Secretary but don't want to make it an official prediction.
JR-M won't be Chancellor, it would be too controversial. Boris is already signalling a centrist mainstream kind of cabinet.

I think he might make Gove Foreign Secretary.

You're probably right about some of the others - it will be interesting to see who becomes Brexi-Sec, under Theresa that was largely a meaningless role since she ran it from No 10.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
:rofl:

Name:  ivanka.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  62.7 KB
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
I'm sure Boris won't let you down regarding JR-M's super cool government role as Minister for Crushing All Hope in the Treasury.
I prefer Moggy on the backbenches.
DSilva
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Utterly embarrassing day for the UK.
Mike172
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well, at least we're not like the poor Americans who have to put up with a clownish and over-privileged buffoon of an overweight old white man with no knowledge of ordinary people as their leader.
Jesus, you really are obsessed with race aren’t you?! It would be funny if it wasn’t so tragically cliche. I thought you lefty types didn’t see colour? Whatever that even means.

Suffering from a bout of ‘white guilt’ are we?
DSilva
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's funny when people say we have a meritocracy. He has become PM entirely because of the privelege he was born into.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DSilva)
It's funny when people say we have a meritocracy. He has become PM entirely because of the privelege he was born into.
It's aggravating the extent to which people fawn over and capitulate to the ancien regime of Britain's extreme class system - here we have the full Etonian arrogance and entitlement coupled to the obsequious compliance of the Tory voters and many of his fellow MPs.

Even worse has been listening to the miserable toadying today from journalists across the Right who clearly have little in the way of critical faculties when confronted with so noble a presence. Or are they just too dazzled by the prospect of someone who can apparently easily beat Corbyn to worry about what a Boris government will actually be like?
NJA
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
no, he is perceived to have a bit more merit than all the other privileged people.

Boris is like a colour television in a black and white world
(Original post by DSilva)
mjhmichael18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well, I suppose the big question is Who do you think is going to be in his cabinet? Do we already know this or not yet? Hunt has got to have a big job according to my dad.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The US President has less powers than a UK Prime Minister. So this is worse. I would support Her Majesty the Queen exercising the Royal Prerogative and refusing to accept him, at least until the House of Commons has had their say.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Trump approves of Boris. Enough said.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
The US President has less powers than a UK Prime Minister. So this is worse. I would support Her Majesty the Queen exercising the Royal Prerogative and refusing to accept him, at least until the House of Commons has had their say.
Be nice if it could work. Sadly our increasingly crumbling 'constitution' demands that she wait till Parliament wins a no-confidence vote against his 'government'.

I'm using inverted commas because he can't possibly govern in any meaningful sense at present with a bitterly divided house and incredibly slim governing majorities, if any.
NJA
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Name:  d815f99dcceff0af838ede8579b8ca62.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  349.8 KB
(Original post by mjhmichael18)
Well, I suppose the big question is Who do you think is going to be in his cabinet? Do we already know this or not yet? Hunt has got to have a big job according to my dad.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.49%
Excited (157)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.78%
Terrified (382)
22.2%
Meh (172)
9.99%
Confused (37)
2.15%