The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Good bloke
The responsibilities are in the areas of fiduciary duty, financial support, moral support, privacy, respect. The rights gained are in such areas as inheritance, accommodation security. I suggest you use google.

do you not get this with a relationship though?
Original post by angel.xo
i'm happy i was an "ass" before. can't stand scripture.

Damned hypocrite :rolleyes:
do you not get this with a relationship though?

No, of course not. An unmarried person has no fiduciary duty to his or her partner, for instance. They might act is if they did but the partner cannot expect the legal system to enforce it.
Reply 63
Original post by Tootles
Damned hypocrite :rolleyes:

the only hypocrite here is you :smile: criticises islam when ever he can but is a hardcore christian behind the screen.
Reply 64
No, of course not. An unmarried person has no fiduciary duty to his or her partner, for instance. They might act is if they did but the partner cannot expect the legal system to enforce it.

but you do get financial support, moral support, privacy, and respect do you not?
but you do get financial support, moral support, privacy, and respect do you not?

You may get it (or may not), but you have no right to it.
Reply 66
You may get it (or may not), but you have no right to it.

if you desperately need the law to make sure there is respect and moral support in a relationship then i think thats simply due to a lack of love. its like forcing a relationship with very minimal resources.
i agree he shouldn’t have proposed to her on her day. on her graduation. he couldn’t wait until tomorrow ?
if you desperately need the law to make sure there is respect and moral support in a relationship then i think thats simply due to a lack of love. its like forcing a relationship with very minimal resources.

Never mind love. Marriage is a contract. There are (and always have been) many loveless marriages for many different reasons ranging from politics to companionship. The participants have rights and responsibilities regardless of whether emotion is involved.
Original post by MidgetFever
I'm glad someone does! Honestly, people that claim to be feminists and come up with bs like this is just top level cringe

Exactly! :h:
yeah yeah "wE gAve oUr gIrls riGhts aGes agO" :rofl:

Are you feeling okay?
this lucky lady has hit the jackpot.... degree & husband :five:
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
i agree he shouldn’t have proposed to her on her day. on her graduation. he couldn’t wait until tomorrow ?

why not both? Why couldn't she have 2 memorable things happen in 1 day? i.e. her graduation AND getting proposed to?
Original post by satisfactionatlast
why not both? Why couldn't she have 2 memorable things happen in 1 day? i.e. her graduation AND getting proposed to?

what if she wasn’t interested? why would he do that on her very special day, she might even feel pressured to say yes because so many people are watching. he could’ve ruined her day by doing that.
Reply 74
Original post by the bear
this lucky lady has hit the jackpot.... degree & husband :five:

:yucky:
Well he didn't and to be honest its tough. They are in a relationship together and when you are in one, you should expect to be proposed to at any time. To me it says that you are unable to deal with humiliation in a mature way and in addition, if there are people in the background laughing or being rude, it shows their immaturity and they are at fault not you.

If it happened to me and I got rejected, the fault would lie with me and I would literally say 'fair enough, I was hoping you'd like it to be this way' and just carry on with things as normal because the more you see and act like it as like a big deal the more awkward it could become.
what if she wasn’t interested? why would he do that on her very special day, she might even feel pressured to say yes because so many people are watching. he could’ve ruined her day by doing that.
Original post by Future Physics
Well he didn't and to be honest its tough. They are in a relationship together and when you are in one, you should expect to be proposed to at any time. To me it says that you are unable to deal with humiliation in a mature way and in addition, if there are people in the background laughing or being rude, it shows their immaturity and they are at fault not you.

If it happened to me and I got rejected, the fault would lie with me and I would literally say 'fair enough, I was hoping you'd like it to be this way' and just carry on with things as normal because the more you see and act like it as like a big deal the more awkward it could become.

it’s not about the guy getting rejected, it’s more likely the girl would be extremely embarrassed and it’s her graduation. he could at least done it another day. he couldn’t wait one more day? weird
:yucky:

:hahaha:
the only hypocrite here is you :smile: criticises islam when ever he can but is a hardcore christian behind the screen.

I criticize Islam because everything it stands for is objectionable to what Christianity teaches. Also I wouldn't quite say "hardcore", I just care about it and have put the time in to learn about it.

Half of what I say isn't so much criticism anyway, I'm just taking the piss out of it, because knowing what I do about it makes it very difficult to take seriously.

Quite often, when a proposal is going to take place in a public area where there's going to be a lot of people, it's been talked about beforehand and arranged between them. I don't know if that's happened here, but I can't imagine he'd've done it that way if he wasn't absolutely confident. Besides which, people don't usually propose to people they aren't in a relationship with already, and if you're in a long term relationship, chances are you're both interested.
Original post by Tootles
I criticize Islam because everything it stands for is objectionable to what Christianity teaches. Also I wouldn't quite say "hardcore", I just care about it and have put the time in to learn about it.

Half of what I say isn't so much criticism anyway, I'm just taking the piss out of it, because knowing what I do about it makes it very difficult to take seriously.

Quite often, when a proposal is going to take place in a public area where there's going to be a lot of people, it's been talked about beforehand and arranged between them. I don't know if that's happened here, but I can't imagine he'd've done it that way if he wasn't absolutely confident. Besides which, people don't usually propose to people they aren't in a relationship with already, and if you're in a long term relationship, chances are you're both interested.

doubt that was arranged

Latest

Trending

Trending