EU shoots down Boris’s Brexit plan the minute he is elected Watch

username4750714
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by drbluebox)
Because thats what people voted for and time and time again I have said the negatives of brexit could of been sorted long ago had the rich decided rather than throwing their toys out of the pram, instead they would rather create chaos for whatever reason though the most likely is to teach the public a lesson and let the public take the financial hit. They know this way the public will conform from now on in fear of chaos.
No they didn't.They voted for Brexit by a very slim margin which is probably offset by now by younger voters.They didn't specify how Brexit should be done.52% of people didn't vote for a no deal Brexit and it's completely false to claim they did.Even if they did since when do the people know best? There is a perfectly good reason why we rarely hold referendums.We have a representative democracy not a direct one,precisely because people can be relied upon to do stupid things.
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
Yes, that's right. I proposed earlier that he would be seeking an election for Thurs 10th Oct as soon as he can (presumably a couple of days after Parliament returns, although given that is 3 Sept, things will be extremely tight unless he calls back a special Parliament) and I still think that is the target date, but there are some important difficulties along the way. You are correct that he intends to go into the election on a 'give me the tools and I will finish the job' platform, eg, a working majority to deliver a Hard Brexit. He cannot deliver Brexit at all with the current Parliamentary setup and with just one more by-election against him after next week he will be permanently teetering anyway, so the election must inevitably come soon.
Boris will gain net 1 when the chap in Clegg's old seat applies for the Chiltern Hundreds

Anyone for a rerun of the English Civil War?
Bercow is aching for a William Lenthall moment and Lenthall's obit would suit Bercow:- Vermis sum - I am a worm.
z-hog
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by James2312)
No they didn't.They voted for Brexit by a very slim margin which is probably offset by now by younger voters.They didn't specify how Brexit should be done.52% of people didn't vote for a no deal Brexit and it's completely false to claim they did.Even if they did since when do the people know best? There is a perfectly good reason why we rarely hold referendums.We have a representative democracy not a direct one,precisely because people can be relied upon to do stupid things.
Personally, I'll love to see Brexit rammed down your throat. Never liked fascists, anyway.
username4750714
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by z-hog)
Personally, I'll love to see Brexit rammed down your throat. Never liked fascists, anyway.
How am I a facist exactly?
drbluebox
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
And if remain had won by the "small margin" would people care as much? And people voted for brexit thats the truth. I notice you didn't go into the idea that everything that has happend since then has been a form of control.

Short answer peoeple vote about what affects them, the remain voters cared about their back pockets like students who wanted EU grants, and/or to leave the UK so zero interest in the UK moore what they can get out of it (and think they are good enough to get these grants)

People who voted brexit because EU policies have impacted their lives negativly.
z-hog
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How am I a facist exactly?
I'm sure it's done with the best of intentions but you exhibit the same regard for democracy and other people's opinions as Hitler or Stalin did, something always easy to tell by genuine democrats and libertarians. They felt exactly the same way about people's alleged stupidity.
username4750714
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by z-hog)
I'm sure it's done with the best of intentions but you exhibit the same regard for democracy and other people's opinions as Hitler or Stalin did, something always easy to tell by genuine democrats and libertarians. They felt exactly the same way about people's alleged stupidity.
That's because it's true.Lets call a spade a spade.People are in general quite stupid.Which is why it's an extremely bad idea to leave the economic future of the country up to the general public.This is also why we have a palimentary democracy not a true democracy.We elect people to think about complex issues that the general public have neither the time nor the energy to think about.Its not anti-democratic to say that parliament should have dealt with this issue too.There are tons of laws that we never get a say on.Why should this issue be different?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (137)
13.46%
Excited (93)
9.14%
Worried (191)
18.76%
Terrified (232)
22.79%
Meh (78)
7.66%
Confused (28)
2.75%