To apply for vac schemes in 2nd year or final year? Watch

heatherhoohoo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
For some context... I messed up my first year exams (2:2 average and a Third in Contract). It was a whole bag of results to be honest - ranging from The Third to a First.

I would still like to continue pursuing for a TC.

Would it be a complete waste of time to apply for vacation schemes during 2nd year?

Happy to hear any advice/experiences.
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by heatherhoohoo)
For some context... I messed up my first year exams (2:2 average and a Third in Contract). It was a whole bag of results to be honest - ranging from The Third to a First.

I would still like to continue pursuing for a TC.

Would it be a complete waste of time to apply for vacation schemes during 2nd year?

Happy to hear any advice/experiences.
Meh, doesn't hurt to chuck out a few at firms that don't care about academics that much

I'm not someone to trot out anecdotes or treat them as gospel, but a person I know got several regional firm VS offers after graduating with a borderline 2:1 in law (their average across three years was in the high 50s)

It's also worth engaging in the whole open day/career fair/CV-building exercise from now so that you're in a stronger position in 12 months' time. You should also make sure that you have work experience planned for next summer at the very least.
Last edited by JohanGRK; 4 weeks ago
heatherhoohoo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
Meh, doesn't hurt to chuck out a few at firms that don't care about academics that much

I'm not someone to trot out anecdotes or treat them as gospel, but a person I know got several regional firm VS offers after graduating with a borderline 2:1 in law (their average across three years was in the high 50s)

It's also worth engaging in the whole open day/career fair/CV-building exercise from now so that you're in a stronger position in 12 months' time. You should also make sure that you have work experience planned for next summer at the very least.
Thanks JohanGRK as always. I guess you'll never know unless you try!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (190)
12.76%
Excited (122)
8.19%
Worried (279)
18.74%
Terrified (343)
23.04%
Meh (123)
8.26%
Confused (35)
2.35%