CV Help Watch

billie217
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Should I mention my Instagram account on my CV, It consists of my art work I've been doing for a few months and I have around 300 hundred followers. Would this help me stand out?
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I mean, it wouldn’t hurt to put it on right?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ericl3ung
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It would make you stand out but make sure that your IG account only consists of art-related posts and comments.
DuckDodgers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Create a website instead. It looks more professional.

Edit: Basic one like Wix or Wordpress
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by billie217)
Should I mention my Instagram account on my CV, It consists of my art work I've been doing for a few months and I have around 300 hundred followers. Would this help me stand out?
Depends, are you applying for a job that requires your art skills? CVs are assessed on the basis of how well the skills you show fit the skills the employer is looking for. They aren't supposed to be a general summary f your life, they are supposed to be just the relevant slice of your life that fits the job you are writing the CV for.

Mostly, if employers want to see art skills, they will specifically ask for a portfolio, and the ways they want to access it.
DuckDodgers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
^Second this. I recently took Threeport's advice to be more direct in my applications and I've received a lot more positive feedback.

In simpler terms, get rid of the fat and only put things if they're relevant to the job you're applying for.
Last edited by DuckDodgers; 4 weeks ago
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by billie217)
You really need to tell us what type of jobs you'll be applying for before people can really give you useful advice.

Do you mean 300 followers or 300 000- there's a big difference, and some companies may find someone with a very high follower count a turn off, although some will obviously love it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.71%
Excited (151)
9.01%
Worried (303)
18.08%
Terrified (375)
22.37%
Meh (155)
9.25%
Confused (37)
2.21%