The Student Room Group

What is antisemetism?

So if someone speaks out against israel is it antisemetism? How can it be? Israel is a nation for all its people... but if it is a jewish state then isnt it comitting apartheid and war crimes?

And because the British created israel... by taking the land of the third people... whose fault is it?

Do you think israel must exist? Or its creation is legitimate? It after all was created for the jewish people... but ultra orthodox jews... the REAL jews say that the torah prohibits the existance of such a state...

your views?

Or am I just anti semetic?

Scroll to see replies

I've always assumed anti-Semitism was just hatred for jews simply because they're jews.

no israel should not exist, it's not their land. Theives, tut tut.
A Semite isn't always Jewish, nor is someone who lives in Palestine

so disagreeing with the theory of Israel isn't anti-Semitic at all.
Original post by Leviathan1611
I've always assumed anti-Semitism was just hatred for jews simply because they're jews.

no israel should not exist, it's not their land. Theives, tut tut.

But its not the jews fault that israel was established? Or was it?

Some people say that the jews started the world war...

The first world war had 2 major impacts... the destruction of the muslim ottomon empire and the abolishing of the 1300 year old caliphate... and
obviously the creation of israel...

So if israel is destroyed... where would the jews go? They arent wanted anywhere??
Original post by SlightlySummer
A Semite isn't always Jewish, nor is someone who lives in Palestine

so disagreeing with the theory of Israel isn't anti-Semitic at all.

Thank you... but when people speak out against it and its disgusting acts in killing palestinian children and illegal settlements and human rights violations... they are called anti semetic... why is that?
Original post by intensegamer33
But its not the jews fault that israel was established? Or was it?

Some people say that the jews started the world war...

The first world war had 2 major impacts... the destruction of the muslim ottomon empire and the abolishing of the 1300 year old caliphate... and
obviously the creation of israel...

So if israel is destroyed... where would the jews go? They arent wanted anywhere??

some jews wanted Israel to be established, but I agree not every jew wanted it.

where the Jews would go if Israel was destroyed, I have no clue. where did they go before Israel was established? they can just do that again.
It's the sad truth unfortunately...but many people now are realising the historical facts, and modern-day violence from Israel. To be honest, I think it's people like Trump who mislead people to believe that everyone is anti-semitic
Thank you... but when people speak out against it and its disgusting acts in killing palestinian children and illegal settlements and human rights violations... they are called anti semetic... why is that?
And Jewish people have co-existed in the Middle East for centuries, it's just some who decided to turn the tables
Well I guess they were just smart, Anti-Semitism is when you do something to deliberately hate against a Jewish person, or a Semite (people from the Middle East, though it's more commonly used for Jews)
so what is antisemetic?

People accusing us of antisemetism when we just want to ask for peoples rights... this proves that jews control power in the world... and this view is also antisemetic?

How come all of the famous scientists are jewish? Kinda wierd that all of the discoveries were made by them but they were still hated? Were they hated cause they were smart? Or smart enough to steal those doliscoveries and inventions from others??
And Jewish people have co-existed in the Middle East for centuries, it's just some who decided to turn the tables

so jews lived peacfully under muslims? So why do they want to kill muslims today??

Why do everyone want to kill muslims?? In all of the wars that are happening now... muslims are the targets? So are muslims the terrorists??

List of war torn countries: libya, iraq, yemen, syria, afghanistan etc

And... bhuddisst kill muslims in Myanmar, chinese kill them in xinghjiang province, jews kill them in palestine, christians kill them in afghanistan and we all know about srebrinica... and obv hindus kill them in Kashmir...

So why are jews called: the most widely targeted people?
Well I guess they were just smart, Anti-Semitism is when you do something to deliberately hate against a Jewish person, or a Semite (people from the Middle East, though it's more commonly used for Jews)

how can someone be ethnically smart?
So if someone speaks out against israel is it antisemetism? How can it be? Israel is a nation for all its people... but if it is a jewish state then isnt it comitting apartheid and war crimes?

And because the British created israel... by taking the land of the third people... whose fault is it?

Do you think israel must exist? Or its creation is legitimate? It after all was created for the jewish people... but ultra orthodox jews... the REAL jews say that the torah prohibits the existance of such a state...

your views?

Or am I just anti semetic?

Anti-semitism is blind hatred for people from the Semitic region that includes Jews, Arabs and Christians. It is not anti-semitic to criticise Israeli policy but it is anti-semitic to say that Israel has not right to exist.

Asians!!???

just kidding 😂

but, Indians. freaking geniuses.
Original post by Wired_1800
Anti-semitism is blind hatred for people from the Semitic region that includes Jews, Arabs and Christians. It is not anti-semitic to criticise Israeli policy but it is anti-semitic to say that Israel has not right to exist.

how is saying "Israel shouldn't exist" blind hatred toward Jews?
so jews lived peacfully under muslims? So why do they want to kill muslims today??

Why do everyone want to kill muslims?? In all of the wars that are happening now... muslims are the targets? So are muslims the terrorists??

List of war torn countries: libya, iraq, yemen, syria, afghanistan etc

And... bhuddisst kill muslims in Myanmar, chinese kill them in xinghjiang province, jews kill them in palestine, christians kill them in afghanistan and we all know about srebrinica... and obv hindus kill them in Kashmir...

If everyone is attacking Muslims, then why are you blaming Jews? Jews don't control the actions of other nations?

I think many people secretly hate Jewish people but don't say it in public.
Yes? Jews and Muslims co-existed in places like Morocco, maybe research it. Not all Jews want to kill Muslims. And wars are mostly because of the corrupt government. And I don't think Afghanistan has a large Muslim population, but I agree with the other points about Muslim being targets.

I didn't say that their ethnicity made them smart, could be coincidental
Asians!!???

just kidding 😂

but, Indians. freaking geniuses.

Really? I wouldnt say all Indians are smart?!
both of you are anti semetic lmao!!

kidding...

so what is antisemetic?

People accusing us of antisemetism when we just want to ask for peoples rights... this proves that jews control power in the world... and this view is also antisemetic?

How come all of the famous scientists are jewish? Kinda wierd that all of the discoveries were made by them but they were still hated? Were they hated cause they were smart? Or smart enough to steal those doliscoveries and inventions from others??

Who did they still the discoveries from? Care to share some examples? Who did Einstein still from?
how is saying "Israel shouldn't exist" blind hatred toward Jews?

Because it is implied that Jews should not exist. Israel is the spiritual and physical home of the Jewish people.
Original post by Wired_1800
If everyone is attacking Muslims, then why are you blaming Jews? Jews don't control the actions of other nations?

I think many people secretly hate Jewish people but don't say it in public.

I didnt blame jews... but you cant say they dont control the actions of other countries....

The US is israels puppet... you cant disagree lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending