that's a shout
Toastiekid
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
1. What subjects do you take?
maths, further maths and physics. i did as-level economics too

2. How did your mock exams go? Are you happy with your results? If not, why?
i'm really pleased with them:woo: i'm nervous about getting econ back in august though

3. What surprised you the most about about A-levels? Did it meet your expectations?
how much i've loved learning new things and how tired i am all the time:giggle:

4. What are you going to do this summer? Focus on transition work, read ahead of class, relax, sleep?
sleep, sleep, sleep, do the summer homework booklet, sleep, do some maths, sleep, read some books, sleep.
5. How are you feeling about next year? Excited? Bricking it? Want it over and done with?
i actually really miss school so i'm really excited; i can't wait to get back to seeing everyone so often:excited: but also nervous as i know it's going to be tough
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
(Original post by modus operandi)
maths, chem, physics and further maths
pretty well for how much I revised tbh but the perfectionist in me really wanted 4 As lool
3. What surprised you the most about about A-levels? Did it meet your expectations?
im so tired even tho i have less lessons but i kinda expected it from the horror stories haha
4. What are you going to do this summer? Focus on transition work, read ahead of class, relax, sleep?
just done a week of work experience, am in the middle of another 2 days of work experience then I have a residential in cambridge and somehow i need to find time for drafting my ps, epq research, holiday hw, revising for tests when im back and admissions test prep rip
5. How are you feeling about next year? Excited? Bricking it? Want it over and done with?

feel like im going to die from stress next year but im excited to see all my friends again and be angry at the new y12s
i do maths, further maths and physics too, i don't know how i'd be able to cope with chemistry ontop of them:eek:
sounds like you've got a super busy summer planned:thumbsup:
what are you applying for at uni?
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deggs_14)
What subjects do you take?
French, Geography, and Chemistry A Level

How did your mock exams go?
I got AAB in French, Geography, Chemistry. (My school doesn’t give A* in year 12). I’m fairly pleased with them as the chemistry paper we did had some questions on topics we hadn’t been taught, so yeah they went well.

What surprised you most about a levels? Did it meet your expectations?
I’d say the amount of independence. I mean I expected it, but not as much. I do more private study and my own work than actual homework by a large margin. If you don’t do homework teachers don’t really care as it’s not their problem. The amount of free periods I like as I can do my own study and homework to a high standard. Also I thought that I’d be able to make friends with new people and “start afresh” but that didn’t really happen. I’ve never drink alcohol, never been to a party, never had a relationship,and don’t have any proper friends, I’m quite a lone wolf.

What are you going to do this summer?
Luckily there’s a bus that goes from right outside my house to the Royal Albert Hall, which is right next to the Royal Geographical Society . So I’m a student member and I plan to attend a lot of evening lectures there, I’ve been to two already. Other than that I made a big mind map about everything I should do this summer - I’m slowly working through that. Cambridge Admissions Assessment prep, personal statement, finish mindmaps of Y12 content, do summer homework, doing my geography coursework etc. As well as playing my favourite computer game and enjoying resting a lot.

How are you feeling about next year?
I’m looking forward to having more order in my life again, getting into a routine. I’m happy with my subjects and a level choices, I hope I have more frees. I’m quite nervous about applying to Cambridge University, but if I don’t get in it will be an experience to remember. I’m quite sad to be honest that I only have two proper terms left, it will be weird not seeing anyone I’ve been with for the last seven years anymore.

Thanks for tagging me in this thread
you've done brilliantly:woo:
the independence is definitely an improvement from gcse:yep:
that sounds like a good idea to make sure you get everything done (i have a slightly obsessive spreadsheet to stop me leaving the summer homework to the last minute)
have a great summer
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
(Original post by katekkate)
History, Spanish and Economics

I got an A* in Spanish which I'm super happy about!! Econ and History were AS exams so won't know the results till August 15th - don't think econ went too well as I definitely messed up paper 2 but history went surprisingly well considering the hell it put me through this year haha

Honestly, I knew it was going to be hard but damn. The jump for me was ridiculous, going from quite a "bad" secondary with low progression to one of the best FE colleges in the country, but after the first term I kind of got the grip of it. The amount of free periods also shocked me but it was definitely very useful during exam season.

Have quite a lot of homework/transition work to do, as well as coursework for history, and I'm currently doing a MOOC on the Tudors in preparation for History next year. Also need to start thinking about the LNAT and my personal statement. In the very little time I have left: sleep.

A mixture of excitement and pure fear. It's such a scary thought how fast this year went and how I know A-levels will come up so quickly. But honestly, I feel quite proud in myself and my progress and ready to get on with it (though, yes, bricking it).
that's an awesome mix
ffff i think i screwed up my econ too:console:
i moved from a 'normal' school to a selective school so i know what you mean, i spent the first half term in such a daze because everyone was so smart and wanted to learn:lol:
sleep:gah:
have a relaxing summer
DGeorge13
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I take biology, chemistry, maths
My exams went better than I could have dreamed for and I got 3a*s predicted although I’m worried about replicating this next year
The thing that surprised me was that a levels were not the impossible thing they were made out to be - I’m sure second year is going to bring me to tears but there we are
My plans are: revise year 1, read ahead, UCAT preparation, ucas form, interview preparation I.e. research on the unis I may apply to and context on them as well as pooling experiences to reflect upon, epq (bane of my life), my homework packs from my teachers, sitting in front of the television, going out with friends, learning to cook, catch up on sleep, nothing
I just want next year done as then I can just sleep
I
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
syrup!
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by DGeorge13)
I take biology, chemistry, maths
My exams went better than I could have dreamed for and I got 3a*s predicted although I’m worried about replicating this next year
The thing that surprised me was that a levels were not the impossible thing they were made out to be - I’m sure second year is going to bring me to tears but there we are
My plans are: revise year 1, read ahead, UCAT preparation, ucas form, interview preparation I.e. research on the unis I may apply to and context on them as well as pooling experiences to reflect upon, epq (bane of my life), my homework packs from my teachers, sitting in front of the television, going out with friends, learning to cook, catch up on sleep, nothing
I just want next year done as then I can just sleep
I
is you a med or dent
cynthianeedshelp
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey, I study biology, chemistry and psychology. My mock exams didn’t go that great, well not good enough for what the course I want to apply for. I’m really struggling in chemistry but also biology is not going as good as I thought. This summer I planning on doing work because I have 2 exams in 2 of my subjects went I get back and we need to do well in. A levels are definitely harder than I thought. This is the hardest I’ve ever work (for a long period of time). I’m doing a summer school in the holidays. I feel defeated because my grades aren’t that good and physiotherapy course tends to be AAB ABB because it is a “professional” but I do want to study that.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sorry.
I was only asking for a 2019/20 Year 12 Thread, so I am not a 2018/19 Year 12. Please remove me from the thread.
DGeorge13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by syrup!)
is you a med or dent
Medicine
emilynxlan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
History, ICT and Media Studies
I did AS exams
My exams were suspiciously easy :curious:
Since I've been off for a little over 2 months now, I've been going on day trips (going on one today so please end me), watching an awful lot of collapse of the USSR videos, and clearing my skin up (not completely yet though, I'm not that lucky!)
Will they actually reward me and not snub me at the award show like they have for the past 7 years?
TheMadNerd93
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's true that I'm irrelevant to this thread but I just came to express my support and encouragement towards you all.

I hope you seize your summer in the best way possible, and to have a prosperous 13th year ahead, followed by a prosperous uni life. There is no need for me to emphasise for you guys on the fact that what you grow now, you will harvest by the time you get to uni. I predict you all are aware of this concept. Work hard now so you can get what you aspire for. Remember to take breaks and allow self recreation from time to time, this in turn would reload you towards the next hustle. Best of luck!
iwishicouldfly14
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Maths, Further Maths, Psychology and Biology

Honestly no idea - Further Maths I know went terribly (I did old spec AS Further Maths a couple of years ago and honestly each time it just gets worse). Maths I'm fairly certain I've done fine - Psychology and Bio I have absolutely no idea - but I enjoyed the papers and so I'm happy with that

When I first did AS I was at one of the top selective schools in the country. There was a lot of pressure to do well (which I loved). I'm now at my local (and absolutely terrible) FE college and the difference is crazy and very unexpected.

I'm going away a bit (doing some travelling), working, wider reading (so much nerding out) and just generally bricking it for results day

Honestly terrified. I found this year relatively easy because I'd done Maths and FM before so I was basically just doing two subjects. This year (if I stick with FM) I know I'm going to have so much work and be so stressed. When I started A2 last time my mental health was appalling and I'm just really hoping it doesn't all go down the drain.

But eh
Ts55
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
1. Maths, Physics and Economics
2. Not good (got BBCD, the D being in Biology which I've dropped but I'm predicted ABB) and I'm not happy because my predicted grades are lower than the entry requirements for high ranked universities which I want to apply to
3. Not receiving as much homework as I had expected as the teachers expect you do study independently
4. This Summer I am most likely do a mixture of studying for the topics that we will cover next year and relax.
5. I hope next year I improve considerably more than last year as I am aiming to get my predicted grades increased to AAA and so I would like to finish Year 13 ASAP so that I could have a nice relaxing summer next year.
RavenclawOwl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
There seems to be two of this thread named slightly differently... I guess I'll introduce myself here too!

Maths, Further Maths, Psychology, English Lit

English went incredibly, I came top of my year. Psychology was a bit of an issue but I've sorted out my essay technique now. Waiting for my Maths a level result now.

Easier than they were made out to be!

Relax, but also tackle my monstrous to do list. Driving theory, a MOOC, admissions test practice, reading, school work, revision ect.

Excited to learn more. Terrified for everything else.
ashestostardust
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hiya! I have too much work to do this summer so I guess I'll hold myself accountable here.

English Literature, English Language, Politics & EPQ

AAC -> Absolutely buzzing. Slightly annoyed about Literature (C) but I got the 2nd highest mark in the class so I can't complain.

I was surprised by how much support the sixth form actual offers! Like I was expecting a full on Lord of the Flies situation but it's been a very chill though very exciting year.

Firstly, I'm spending the next 2 weeks on a proper holiday, working off that stress. I have 4 books I aim to finish by September, two of which I need for Literature coursework. The main big things are the last parts of my EPQ -> finish essay, introduction and conclusion. I obviously won't get this finished before September if I want a decent break but I hope to finish the essay and plan the introduction AT LEAST. Other than that, I need to organise my notes, do some extra reading for Language as well as collect my coursework data. But I'll deal with that sometime in August.

Mix of all three tbh. I'm terrified to leave school but I can't wait to say "**** you guys I'm out" on Results Day (touch wood). But I guess Y13 has always been coming and I can't avoid what's hurtling my way (*cough* adulthood *cough*) so I guess I'll just have to accept death.
ValerieAdjei
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I take biology , chemistry & maths
Mock exams went well I got A B B respectively
I want to study medicine so this summer will be full of BMAT & UCAT revision as well as my subjects
a-rose02
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
1. What subjects did you take?
I take Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths (and the Welsh Bacc)

Unsure how I have done yet; our AS results don’t get released until results day! I think one or two didn’t exactly go as planned but I feel pretty happy overall

3. What surprised you the most about A-Levels? Did it meet your expectations?
I think what has thrown me the most is for starter that I ended up missing having a nice mix of subjects, which meant I struggled with motivation and as I am still undecided on a degree pathway, I lost some of the focus that was driving me. That being said, the challenge of it all has helped me grow, and I’m looking forward to making the best out of next year.

4. What are you planning to do this summer? Focus on transition work, read ahead of class, relax, sleep?
Mainly relax; I’m hoping to work on my personal statement and gather a bit more experience too. I think I just want results to be released so I can plan ahead!

In ways I’m really excited; I think I just want to figure out my next steps and it should hopefully make the year much easier. It’s definitely an important year, so I’m trying to make the most of this summer to try and ease the pressure!

Thanks for tagging me!
sofsferr02
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey guys, Sofia here,
I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths (+EPQ)

God, this summer is going to be pretty busy, I'm hoping to study Biochemistry at uni and I've got me a not-so-little to-do list to get ready for applications:
· complete a Biochemistry MOOC by the UEA (here's the link, in case anyone's interested https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/biochemistry )
· got a few books to read - "principles of biochemistry", "molecular cell biology" and "why reactions happen"
· practice for Cambridge nat sci admissions test + interview
· finish personal statement
· settle on an EPQ topic + research and plan
· settle on unis and courses
· book September uni open days
· if I have time, get ahead on some year 13 content and review year 12 content

Good luck with all your stuff and enjoy your summer, everyone!
/JR/
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
History, Politics,Philosophy, English
Pretty happy- got A*A*A*A, but annoyed about the A in English- I guess that’s the perfectionist in me. I am aware that mocks are not fully representative of the real thing, but for the most part I am happy with them.
Personally I found them a lot easier to adjust and work at than GCSE’s. I think it’s the fact that I only study what I actually want to now that makes the difference; so I don’t have to put time into my *****y subjects that don’t interest me in the slightest (PHYSICS PHYSICS PHYSICS)
I have a lot to read ( Got about 15 books to grind my way through so hopefully I can be done with that soon) and I’ve got 2 summer schools to look forward to in August

Bit daunted if I’m honest. Everything gets real about January time, doesn’t it?
Last edited by /JR/; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (69)
17.56%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (247)
62.85%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
5.09%
Not yet but I might (57)
14.5%

Watched Threads