jade1500
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
i have studied at university for a ba hons degree 2 year ago. unfortunately i didn't pass. i also used my 3 full years and my 4th extra year. i handed in my doctors letter and reasons and they let me have my fourth year. although i didn't stay the full year just september too january and had to leave. so i didn't receive full funding for that last 4th year. i have received an email today from the processing tier 2 with advice and also to ask on here in the meantime. they say that i have used all my funding up and my tuition fee. I'm wanting to do social work so would only need one years support. the first year as my 2nd and 3rd i would receive funding through ohs bursary. the woman has explained although i didn't stay for the 4th full year the tuition fee was paid and some student finance to me and i left. this was part of her email. ''What this means for you You don’t currently have enough full years of funding left to get a Tuition Fee Loan in academic year 2019/20, 2020/21 and 2021/22. You’ll still be able to get a Maintenance Loan. You’ll also be able to get Disabled Students’ Allowances and any dependants’ grants if applicable. Left previous study due to personal reasons If you couldn’t finish a previous course for reasons beyond your control, you may be able to get an additional year of tuition fee support. For more information go to www.thestudentroom.co.uk/studentfinance and view the section ‘going back to uni or repeating a year’. Please be aware we also still require your most recent copy of Tax Credit Award Notice or Child Benefit Letter naming your children''. i have explained that i would be more than happy to receive the maintenance loan and other help with having a child and would use this money to pay my first years tuition fee myself and then 2nd and 3rd years i would use my bursary to pay my tuition fee myself aswell. i do and could how ever provide doctors letter and fit notes and proof of support and medication to explain i left due to personal and health reasons for them to give me an extra years tuition fee. my questions are with all this what is my options. if i applied for the loans and grant would they pay it for my first year or the last year. as i would need it just for my first year as my bursary pays the 2nd and 3rd. if i applied to have a reconsideration of tuition fee for 1 year would this also be paid the 1st year or very last year. sorry for the long post xxx
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi Jade,
In the email from the assessor they should of stated a calculation that they used and also which years you will be funded for. If you are still unsure then I would advise you to contact us on Facebook http://m.me/SFEngland or Twitter http://ow.ly/4Em330nPlau so we can access your account to give the correct information.
Thanks, Isaac.
(Original post by jade1500)
i have studied at university for a ba hons degree 2 year ago. unfortunately i didn't pass. i also used my 3 full years and my 4th extra year. i handed in my doctors letter and reasons and they let me have my fourth year. although i didn't stay the full year just september too january and had to leave. so i didn't receive full funding for that last 4th year. i have received an email today from the processing tier 2 with advice and also to ask on here in the meantime. they say that i have used all my funding up and my tuition fee. I'm wanting to do social work so would only need one years support. the first year as my 2nd and 3rd i would receive funding through ohs bursary. the woman has explained although i didn't stay for the 4th full year the tuition fee was paid and some student finance to me and i left. this was part of her email. ''What this means for you You don’t currently have enough full years of funding left to get a Tuition Fee Loan in academic year 2019/20, 2020/21 and 2021/22. You’ll still be able to get a Maintenance Loan. You’ll also be able to get Disabled Students’ Allowances and any dependants’ grants if applicable. Left previous study due to personal reasons If you couldn’t finish a previous course for reasons beyond your control, you may be able to get an additional year of tuition fee support. For more information go to www.thestudentroom.co.uk/studentfinance and view the section ‘going back to uni or repeating a year’. Please be aware we also still require your most recent copy of Tax Credit Award Notice or Child Benefit Letter naming your children''. i have explained that i would be more than happy to receive the maintenance loan and other help with having a child and would use this money to pay my first years tuition fee myself and then 2nd and 3rd years i would use my bursary to pay my tuition fee myself aswell. i do and could how ever provide doctors letter and fit notes and proof of support and medication to explain i left due to personal and health reasons for them to give me an extra years tuition fee. my questions are with all this what is my options. if i applied for the loans and grant would they pay it for my first year or the last year. as i would need it just for my first year as my bursary pays the 2nd and 3rd. if i applied to have a reconsideration of tuition fee for 1 year would this also be paid the 1st year or very last year. sorry for the long post xxx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (159)
15.71%
Uncertainty around my education (164)
16.21%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (96)
9.49%
Isolating with family (70)
6.92%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (37)
3.66%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (89)
8.79%
Loneliness (100)
9.88%
Financial worries (45)
4.45%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (92)
9.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (71)
7.02%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (89)
8.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise