Business Studies Help! GCSE Student. Watch

Ztormie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Heyyyyyyyyyyyy~!!! I'm currently a Year 10 transitioning into Year 11 and I REALLY, REALLY need help for business studies. Although I get reasonably good grades in Business studies without studying (maybee 6 - 7s), I'm not willing to take a gamble in my GCSE exam and not revise. However, due to me always getting decent grades, I've NOT A SINGLE CLUE how to revise. Any advice is helpful please~!! BTW, my exam board is AQA
Molliepop02
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I do business a level, and although I'm on a different exam board than you I've found looking at real life examples helpful. such as looking at Mcdonalds and seeing if what organisational structure its got or if its a franchise. All of that really because once you can link it to your experiences you'll have solid knowledge because you know the application behind it. if you've got any other questions ill try to help!
WHYSOBAD
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I only got an A in business studies 2 years ago but what I remember is that the difference from a B and an A or A* are keywords and confidence in what you're trying to say. Business Studies is partially common sense once you have the basic understandings, from what you're telling me you have that common sense getting 6s and 7s in your tests. I could be wrong however and you could be getting marks from just knowledge and no application, the best way to find out your weaknesses is to do a couple test papers and mark them yourself. Look at the mark-scheme and maybe ask a teacher if you don't know what the mark-scheme is telling you. Good luck in your revision your gonna do great if you start to slowly integrate revision with your school work now, if you want to chat more about this dm me; I remember struggling with business revision too
Molliepop02
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by WHYSOBAD)
I only got an A in business studies 2 years ago but what I remember is that the difference from a B and an A or A* are keywords and confidence in what you're trying to say. Business Studies is partially common sense once you have the basic understandings, from what you're telling me you have that common sense getting 6s and 7s in your tests. I could be wrong however and you could be getting marks from just knowledge and no application, the best way to find out your weaknesses is to do a couple test papers and mark them yourself. Look at the mark-scheme and maybe ask a teacher if you don't know what the mark-scheme is telling you. Good luck in your revision your gonna do great if you start to slowly integrate revision with your school work now, if you want to chat more about this dm me; I remember struggling with business revision too
yes! definately in all of your essays you have to include Buzzwords and above all else context. Theres no point writing an essay about Cadburys if a few words could be changed to make it about Apple.
Ztormie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Molliepop02)
I do business a level, and although I'm on a different exam board than you I've found looking at real life examples helpful. such as looking at Mcdonalds and seeing if what organisational structure its got or if its a franchise. All of that really because once you can link it to your experiences you'll have solid knowledge because you know the application behind it. if you've got any other questions ill try to help!
Thanks!!!
Ztormie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Molliepop02)
yes! definately in all of your essays you have to include Buzzwords and above all else context. Theres no point writing an essay about Cadburys if a few words could be changed to make it about Apple.
Thank you!! I'll look into that
Ztormie
Rep:
?
(Original post by WHYSOBAD)
Thank you!! I'll definitely look into that! But, what do you mean by application?
Socratos
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ztormie)
Heyyyyyyyyyyyy~!!! I'm currently a Year 10 transitioning into Year 11 and I REALLY, REALLY need help for business studies. Although I get reasonably good grades in Business studies without studying (maybee 6 - 7s), I'm not willing to take a gamble in my GCSE exam and not revise. However, due to me always getting decent grades, I've NOT A SINGLE CLUE how to revise. Any advice is helpful please~!! BTW, my exam board is AQA
The best thing is to heavily concentrate in areas where you think you have difficulties. That way you will even get more better grades. You can also your lecturer questions where you feel you do not understand. I am always here for any advice you need.
Ztormie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Socratos)
The best thing is to heavily concentrate in areas where you think you have difficulties. That way you will even get more better grades. You can also your lecturer questions where you feel you do not understand. I am always here for any advice you need.
Thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%