The Student Room Group

Was the moon landing real?

Could technology have been really advanced to send people into space in 1969? Was it just a hoax to win the Space Race by America?

(This isn't my opinion, I just want to know if anyone does doubt the moon landing took place!)

Scroll to see replies

I believe it was real. although there is a question I'd like answered

after fifty years, why haven't we gone back?
I actually had the same question too but then why would there be a need to go back? What is there to see, discover and explore that was not done 50 years ago and would need another expensive space mission for?
Original post by Leviathan1611

Original post by neko no basu
I actually had the same question too but then why would there be a need to go back? What is there to see, discover and explore that was not done 50 years ago and would need another expensive space mission for?

for fun? I mean, I wouldn't mind going to the moon just to visit.
Reply 4
same, you would think that many more people would want to repeat a great moment in history

Didn’t they say, they gonna export hoomans to Mars in few years?
Original post by MathsMania
same, you would think that many more people would want to repeat a great moment in history

another question I have is why the UK doesn't have a space program. it's not fair☹️
Yes. Man did walk on the moon. And in fact, we did go back. 5 more times. Alright, man hasn't walked on the moon since 1972, but that's irrelevant. We've been there, we've done it. There's not that much to see there so why waste time and money going again, when we could use that to try and go further?
Reply 8
More real than your grasp of grammar.

Because there isn’t any incentive to go. In 1969 the Cold War was in full swing, the yanks wanted to get one over the soviets no matter the cost. It was vital for them to show strength and dominance during that period.

There is no motive to go again right now, sadly.

Money is, clearly, also a huge factor. The costs are astronomical.
Original post by CrazyConnor
Yes. Man did walk on the moon. And in fact, we did go back. 5 more times. Alright, man hasn't walked on the moon since 1972, but that's irrelevant. We've been there, we've done it. There's not that much to see there so why waste time and money going again, when we could use that to try and go further?

And of course that is the point.

Where are the conspiracy theories about Apollo 12, 14, 15, 16 and 17?
Original post by Mike172
The costs are astronomical.

Pun intended?
Original post by Mike172
Because there isn’t any incentive to go. In 1969 the Cold War was in full swing, the yanks wanted to get one over the soviets no matter the cost. It was vital for them to show strength and dominance during that period.

There is no motive to go again right now, sadly.

Money is, clearly, also a huge factor. The costs are astronomical.

aw, how about just go for fun? I wanna visit the moon 😭
Wasn't there a company who said that they were planning to arrange holiday trips to the moon?
aw, how about just go for fun? I wanna visit the moon 😭
Original post by nulli tertius
And of course that is the point.

Where are the conspiracy theories about Apollo 12, 14, 15, 16 and 17?

Very true. It is strange how people question whether man could possibly have walked on the moon back in 1969, but just accept that it happened 4 months later. It's almost as if they aren't thinking logically...
I'm just waiting for the first Mars landing, however I'll be waiting for a very long time
Original post by neko no basu
Wasn't there a company who said that they were planning to arrange holiday trips to the moon?

probably initially cost thousands/millions of pounds a ticket. I'm not in the top 1%
There were many Moon missions both manned and unmanned in the 60s and 70s some orbited the Moon and most landed on the surface.
NASA have no questions to answer the evidence of the Apollo missions is very clear, they did land men on the Moon.
The Apollo program was a product of the Cold War which you really had to live through to understand.
The Moon is now the goal of two tech giants, Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk and again there will only be one winner.
Some people think it was a hoax. There again, some believe the earth is flat, some that Elvis isn't dead, and there are even 92,000 deluded people who think Mr Boris Johnson is fit to lead the UK.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending