The Student Room Group

Boyfriend wants to change his uni course, help!

So my boyfriend has got an unconditional from Coventry to do Geography and Natural Hazards, but wants to get into the police force. He’s scared that he’s failed atleast 2 of his a levels (if not all of them) and honestly, he may have. He’s found a criminology and policing course at BCU and is REALLY interested in it but doesn’t see how he could possibly get on to it. Has anyone got onto a course without getting the a levels? How far will they be lowered in clearing?
Reply 1
He may have to apply for a foundation year before starting his degree if he doesn't wanna resit his a levels or do a btec. Also to join the police you can have any degree so if he kept his offer at coventry it wouldn't prevent his plan
Original post by alyssias7
So my boyfriend has got an unconditional from Coventry to do Geography and Natural Hazards, but wants to get into the police force. He’s scared that he’s failed atleast 2 of his a levels (if not all of them) and honestly, he may have. He’s found a criminology and policing course at BCU and is REALLY interested in it but doesn’t see how he could possibly get on to it. Has anyone got onto a course without getting the a levels? How far will they be lowered in clearing?

If he feels its the wrong degree then theres no point in doing it. he needs to have a serious think about it.
If he has don really poorly and he really wants to get into the police then if I were in that situation I believe the best choice is to resit if he believe he knows he can improve or maybe an access course. With better grades he will get access to better unis.

He can start planning now.

Quick Reply