The Student Room Group

GCSE history grade 9 exemplar answers

Awarding body: Pearson Edexcel
Topic: The USA, 1954–75: conflict at home and abroad

Now, I know this is useless for the current year 11s as they sat their exams, but for the upcoming year 11s, this may help. For anyone curious, this what a grade 9 script would be like.

I actually got a grade 8 at GCSE, but this paper saved me. I scored 51/52 marks (I only found out that I dropped the mark when I got the script lol).

I've done the same for English, and I feel that it can really help students to see what is indicative of a top-level history essay at GCSE. I feel as though more students on here should do this. :smile:

The history paper I sat:

Spoiler

History paper

P.S. This was moved to this forum because I believed that more people would see it.
(edited 4 years ago)
thank you so much! you're a lifesaver :smile:

do you have any more exemplar answers for other topics?

Original post by Tolgash

Now, I know this is useless for the current year 11s as they sat their exams, but for the upcoming year 11s, this may help. For anyone curious, this what a grade 9 script would be like.

I actually got a grade 8 at GCSE, but this paper saved me. I scored 51/52 marks (I only found out that I dropped the mark when I got the script lol).

I've done the same for English, and I feel that it can really help students to see what is indicative of a top-level history essay at GCSE. I feel as though more students on here should do this. :smile:

The history paper I sat:

Spoiler

History paper

P.S. This was moved to this forum because I believed that more people would see it.
Reply 2
Original post by fedwardsx
thank you so much! you're a lifesaver :smile:

do you have any more exemplar answers for other topics?

No, sorry.

I do have exemplars for both English subjects though. :smile:
Original post by Tolgash
No, sorry.

I do have exemplars for both English subjects though. :smile:

every little helps haha
those would be so helpful, thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by fedwardsx
every little helps haha
those would be so helpful, thank you!

Click this link. :smile:
Reply 5
the answer got removed?
Reply 6
Original post by Tolgash
The history paper I sat:

Spoiler

History paper

The link says the file doesn't exist. Has this been taken down

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending