The Student Room Group

Gcse results day help

anyone else really really stressed about GCSE results day coming up? it’s so weird as soon as i go to bed and try to go to sleep my brain can’t stop focusing on it and i get so stressed and can’t sleep. anyone have any tips on how i can stop this and if there’s a specific reason i am having this problem?

thankyou
Remind yourself that there is nothing you can do about it so just relax now - the hard work is done. You need to learn to manage stress - and worry about things you can influence not those that you can't. Try and avoid alcohol/spicy food/cheese etc before bed (the kind of things that can make you have a bad nights sleep) and go for a long walk in the evening, get up early so that you are properly tired at bed time. Do not watch television/smartphone etc before going to bed - read a book for an hour instead...change your routine so your body is tired and think about other things.

Managing stress now will help you in the long run - in real terms GCSEs are the easiset exams you will face in your life so you need to get a sense of perspective now to help with A levels, degree etc later. Good luck!
Hey I've just done my GCSEs too and I was a wreck during the exams like the worst worrier! I used to not be able to sleep either but I found that distracting myself with things I actually enjoyed doing just made me forget over the past weeks of this massive stress, for example reading, talking to my siblings, writing in my journal and meeting up with my friends and laughing over stupid things. Just keep reminding yourself you have worked hard and you have at least tried your best throughout the past year. Also one of the main reasons I was getting stressed out was due to other people's opinions and the thing that helped me the most was talking to my parents and my closest friends and I found that they only expected me to try my best its not always about the end result. Also try to avoid social media because those GCSE tweets seriously messed with my brain haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending