Viicks
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm not sure how to study, or how to learn how to answer exam questions, I'm so scared, in a month I'm y11 so I would be happy if anyone gave study advices to practice and do during summer holidays!
figoit gensons
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what I adviced you to do, is to be used to wake up early in the morning and study.
Try to research deeply into all topics and research for past exams questions online in all your subjects.
And if possible,study ahead of your teacher.
jemima0103
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Look at past exam papers as well as mark schemes.
If i was answering a long question in say, Geography or History, i would underline the key work in the question which is telling you what to do, for example, (Describe, Explain, Evaluate, How far do you agree). I only got the hang of exam technique in year 11.
For history i had some really good grade 9 target books which showed me how to answer each type of question for every topic i studied in history.
https://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolle...nWorkbook.aspx
This is the medicine one for edexcel, but i did crime and punishment. I'm not sure if you can get them for other exam boards.
Exam practice books are good though.
OpusGCSE
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey! I managed to get 11 9s last year and trust me the exams are not as daunting as they seem! DM me on my studygram @opusrevision_gcse and we can go over establishing an effective timetable, good resources and exam specific resources .
casabonita
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
seneeecaaaaa
casabonita
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
practice exam questions and learn the mark schemes/spec - helps so much knowing the vital info for each exam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (62)
22.3%
Excited but a bit nervous (126)
45.32%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.95%
I'm really nervous (54)
19.42%

Watched Threads