The Student Room Group

How to study effectively

How do i study effectively i feel like right now I'm just studying so time goes by then i can rest
Should i do more than one subject per day or just one and how many hours
I’m the same but you can’t ask others on how you need to revise because it’s about you. You need to explore different revision techniques and see which one works best for you. I recommend making a time table with 30 minute intervals with 30 minute breaks. You can expand this over however many hours you’d like but it’s your choice. If it helps remind yourself about why you are needing to revise for some extra motivation. Good luck
Hi there, I would suggest definitely doing more than one subject during your day. Try to aim to do at least three different subjects. Revise an hour on each subject / topic and then have a break. Although, during your hour revision session use the pomodoro technique to manage your efficiently. (https://francescocirillo.com/pages/pomodoro-technique - this might help). This works by setting a timer for 25 minutes, and then having a break for approximately 5 minutes. In this time grab a drink and/or a snack, and just have a quick stretch! After having your break, go back to doing another set of 25 minute effective revision and then break again. After completing an hour of solid revision have a longer break and then go onto a new subject. If that makes sense? It aims to manage your time and reduces being distracted as you'll be able to go on your phone for example during that break.

To study effectively, the best thing to do is to remove all your distractions. This will help you whilst revising, social media will still be waiting for you!

What subjects are you studying for GCSEs? (apart from the mandatory ones) And what grades are you aiming for at the end of year 11? It's best to create goals to stay productive and to try stop how you're feeling at the moment. Remember at the end of the day you're doing it for yourself, nobody else. Once you've finished your GCSEs you'll have a long 12 week break to relax and refresh your mindset. Good luck!

Original post by alexa_g62
How do i study effectively i feel like right now I'm just studying so time goes by then i can rest

Hi there @alexa_g62

Think about studying SMART Not Longer: It's much easier to implement a regular and successful study schedule if you are studying SMART.
o Set yourself goals.
o Make study techniques that promote greater results.
o Ask for help.
o Reward yourself for progress.
o Take a Break.

S: Set yourself goals for study. For example, make up an exam/essay question and work towards answering it.
M: Remember VARK. Are you a Visual learner, Audio learner, Reading learner or Kinetic learner. Use study techniques that will promote the best learning for yourself.
A: If you are struggling with anything ask your teacher for help. Their job is to help you with your studies. Alternatively, use study guides or the internet to help breakdown tough subjects.
R: When you hit your goals, complete work and meet important deadlines reward yourself with treats. For example, make watching an episode of your favourite show your reward for completing tasks.
T: When you’ve finished studying take breaks. Go for a walk, hang with friends or get a cup of tea and watch TV. It’s important not to overdo revising.
Remember to give your brain a rest and do some exercise or play on a console, read a book etc.

Good luck!

Fi :horse:
Should i do more than one subject per day or just one and how many

Pay attention in class, make sure notes are complete, ask questions if you don’t understand, make a study schedule/plan, review notes from class every evening. These tips will definitely help you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending