Confusion on the book Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde

Watch this thread
username4380222
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Baso got a book and it says Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde and the pavilion on the links. For GCSE, do I only have to read Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde?
musahidowu
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hanamahmoud05)
Baso got a book and it says Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde and the pavilion on the links. For GCSE, do I only have to read Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde?
:mad:
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
what?
absolutelysprout
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
unless your teacher has told you otherwise, you're only reading jekyll and hyde.
username4762440
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Very confused by your post. Are you unsure about what is on the specification? Your teachers should help you with this at the very start of GCSEs.
musahidowu
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
what?
hello
Obolinda
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
hi there
(Original post by musahidowu)
hello
Hazelly
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
If you're meaning, do I have to read more than one book for your GCSE English literature?. Then yes, you'll need to study three other books/plays/novellas and then an anthology. Usually the play will be from Shakespeare. (Depending on your exam board) Talk to your teacher if you're unsure
(Original post by Hanamahmoud05)
musahidowu
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
unless your teacher has told you otherwise, you're only reading jekyll and hyde.
hi
absolutelysprout
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
what?
basically you can get a copy of jekyll and hyde but it contains another story also after, pavilion on the links. i used this copy for gcse but didn't read over pavilion on the links because it was in no way relevant.
username4380222
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi again, yeah now reading it back it’s pretty confusing. In my school in the transition between year 9-10 you’re given the 19th century text and I was given Dr Jekyll and me hyde. In the book tho, there’s two different stories- Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde and the other story is the pavilion on the links. Am I only reading Jekyll and Hyde? I’m on the AQA exam board
username4762440
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Oh right! Haha I too got a copy which had like 7 of other Robert L Stevenson's works.
OP, you only need to read Jekyll and Hyde unless your teacher tells you otherwise.
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
basically you can get a copy of jekyll and hyde but it contains another story also after, pavilion on the links. i used this copy for gcse but didn't read over pavilion on the links because it was in no way relevant.
Davy611
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Don't worry. The text a lot of schools buy (because it's cheaper) is the one you've got. You only read 'Jekyll and Hyde' for study; you could read the other one for pleasure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.72%
The paper was reasonable (129)
36.34%
Not feeling great about that exam... (105)
29.58%
It was TERRIBLE (51)
14.37%

Watched Threads